cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch how to switch Work process from request type DIA to BTC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have problem in our sap sytem,When we try to log in to the sytem it throughd the abap dump

START_CALL_SICK, "no application server offers an BTC service".in sm50 it shows only dialoge workprocess and no backgroung workprocss are present.When i checked the corresponding profile parameter for BGD it is fine.

Please help me in solving the problem.Can i Manually switch the Work process from request type DIA to BTC.If so please let me know the tcode and the proceedure in detail.I am new to basis.

Thanks,

Megha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be the reason that you or another person would have changed the profile parameters to include background processes, but not restarted the system

Check the following

1. Latest date and time of when the profile file was changed

2. Latest Restart of the System

3. Latest date and time of when Dialog, BTC process was changed

May be this will give you some clue

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can add BTC processes by using parameter rdisp/wp_no_btc in the instance profile.

To switch processes from DIA to BTC use Operation modes.

You'll find all the info you need here,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/c4/3a5e4f505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easy way is to increase the parameter rdisp/wp_no_btc in RZ10 and restart SAP.

It is possible to switch from DIA to BTC online, you need to use RZ04 and RZ03 but this is not so easy. I have seen almost no basis guy, who is able to do it. But give it a try, i (or any other basis guru) may give you more hints if needed.

Best regards, Michael