Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item categories for Free of charge items

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have raised this thread to clarify my doubt on Item categories for Free of charge items. Since long time I have this doubt and I would like to take the opinion of the experts for the below point.,

In the standard SAP the Item categories AFNN,AGNN and TANN are defined. When the Free Goods cannot be determined in Inquiry and Quotation(in any sales document with document category other than C) why AFNN and AGNN are defined in the standard and what is the purpose of defining them.

Thanks in advance,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

The SAP standard tells that free goods cannot be determined at Inquiry , Quotation levels .Even i also accept with your words and the reason is standard SAP is not supporting.

Say some customer has come for Inquiry then manually you can enter and give the free goods and tell that for 10pcs of Material A ,1pc of Material B is free .So in the output the customer who has come for the Inquiry can become a regular customer and place a regular sales order .and in sales order Free goods support us.

In the same way in Quotation also

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The question is "Item categories for FREE OF CHARGE items".

"Free of charge" functionality is slightly different to "Free goods" for SAP, but both functionality are related.

FREE OF CHARGE => All the item is free, supported in sales orders AND inquiries or quotation. You can go to VA21 create a quotation and change the default item category to a free of charge item. This way you tell your customer that you would not charge this item, therefore it would be free of charge (free as in free beer ;-).

FREE GOODS => Part of the item is free, ONLY supported in sales orders. Which is a shame IMHO because it would be nice to have the same functionality for a credit memo.

Check SAP Help for Free Goods

http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2007/helpdata/EN/b7/4a893a8729337be10000000a11402f/content.htm

This function allows you to offer your customers a product free of charge in the form of free goods when a certain quantity of products is ordered. Free goods is a kind of quantity discount, and is granted in the form of a goods delivery that is free of charge when a certain quantity is purchased. You can use it to encourage your customers to order greater quantities.

The following types of free goods exist:

● Inclusive bonus quantity: The customer only pays for part of the goods he or she has ordered. The rest of the products are provided at no extra cost. For example, a customer orders ten notebooks but only has to pay for nine.

● Exclusive bonus quantity: The customer pays for the goods he has ordered, and also receives additional products for free. The materials delivered as free goods do not have to be the same as the goods ordered. For example, a customer orders ten notebooks, and additionally receives a handheld FREE OF CHARGE.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To follow up on Franck's reply.

TANN is the standard free of charge item category for order.

AFNN is the same for inquiry.

AGNN is the same for quotation.

These are "basically" just the same item category, but named differently for each sales doc type. (In case you want to tweak one or the other for some other purpose)

It's along the same lines that we have

TAN (Standard Item) for a standard Order

AFN (Standard item) for an Inquiry

AGN (Standard Item) for a Quotation

Every (SAP supplied) Item Category in Sales Orders has a corresponding, but different named, item category for Inquiry and Quote.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Franck Lumpe,

Thanks for the reply. My issue is related with the second topic i.e., Free Goods. To be more specific, the use of item categories AFNN and AGNN

Your first topic of Free of Charge items in Inquiry and Quotation is very interesting. Could you please give the document types and the item categories used for that process.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think free of charge items will not be created in Inquiry or quotation.

In general we use 'FD' for delivery free of charge and Item category is KLN.

We use ' SD' Subs.Dlv.Free of Charge document type, when you are replacing goods for returned goods. instead of creating return credit memo to customer.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Arijeet Biswas just gave an example of the use of free of charge items in an inquiry or quotation.

Works for me at least.

Another way is to change the category item manually in the quotation.

Check table T184 for use of category type AFNN or AGNN, then you will understand the functionality documented by Arijeet => Actually standard SAP functionality.

Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We can use FD (Free-of-charge delivery) document type, when you send some sample to customer. Most of Pharmaceutical Companies use to delivery sample to doctor or Sales Reps.

We can use SD (Subsequent delivery, free-of-charge) document type, when goods got damaged in transit or replacement of goods scenarios.

Regards

Nagendra P Boggarapu

Former Member
0 Kudos

AFNN and AGNN can be used manually in the Inquiries and Quotations. For example Your first line in Quotation is material A. Then in the second line you put material B and put a 10 in the Higher Level Item field then the system will take item category AGNN which will be not relevant for pricing and hence free.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

TANN is the standard free of charge item category for order.

AFNN is the same for inquiry.

AGNN is the same for quotation.

I used the first one in Customer Projects, but I never got to use the AFNN, AGNN, because in my world (Consumer Goods sold to Retailers), the inquiry and quotation documents type are normally not used.

Why do you says that the Free Goods cannot be determined ... in any sales document with document category other than C?

I think you are getting confused between "Free of charge" items (100% gratis) and "Free Goods" (part of the quantity is free).

Is is true that you can only have free goods for order sales documents, but you might use AGNN category for AG document type, see entries for AG+NORM in table T184, AGNN is allowed as a manual category type.

Regards,

Franck