cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seasonal linier regression

Former Member
0 Kudos

APO Gurus,

I want to verify system results using excel sheet for Seasonal linier regression forecast strategy 32. Is it readily available or someone can help me with formula used in each step along with clear meaning of each symbol used.

Sivabalan.K.S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you are asking about strategy 35. You can certainly calculate the values. The formulas are explained in [Seasonal Linear Regression|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/35/1b4839f6e76756e10000000a114084/frameset.htm].

Use the formula to calculate values in excel from the history and compare the results with the system results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visu,

I tried for various sets of values. The results from this formulae is not tallying with the one I get in SAP. Can you mail a sample data mapped with XLS formula result? or is it published elsewhere?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I am afraid I can't be much help for you in this case. to me, unfortunately SAP forecasting models are like black box. You can get the exact formula and calculate the values but they don't match perfectly with SAP results. I guess SAP uses some kind of averaging technique...

Try using the book "Forecasting Methods and Applications" by Makridakis Wheelwright and Hyndman.

This book explains various forecasting models with examples.

I tried to calculate values wit a couple of examples and match them to SAP....I didn't get the exact values...It does need a lot of patience tooo....Good luck.

If you find some thing that works, please let us know.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to repeat what Visu says, SAP has different interpretations and mechanisms for calculating the coefficients, variables, initialization, outliers, ex-post etc. This usually wont match the theoretical results. Somewhere on this forum is an worksheet that explains the results. do a search on it. Its a beautiful example on spreadsheet explaining most of the models and its results. Also make a distinction between Forecast Stretegy and Forecast model. The latter are the basis for the former in APO DP.

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

Can you tell me which is the question / answer in this forum brings out with Worksheet results on Forecasting Formulae?... I wd be grateful to you...

Thanks in advance

Answers (0)