Uploading of Master Schema in CCM 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hello Seniors,</b>

We are implementing CCM 2.0 as per landscape given below:

SRM release 4.0

EBP component 5.5

Scenario being implemented SSP and CCM

(employee should be able to create shopping cart for catalog items through EBP)

CCM and EBP are in same client

No XI installed as we will be uploading CSV catalogs only.

Now, when I start with the basic step of uploading master schema and click on "upload" button in edit catalog , no selection box appears so that I can browse CSV file from my local m/c. When I try to check the URL linked to "upload" button , no URL is found.

I know that config guide says that for first time we should click "edit catalogs" first. But I am not sure whether anybody has clicked any other button as I joined late on this project.

I have run the report " /CCM/INITIALIZE_CME" on the CCM system.

Pl. help.

You are most welcome for any clarifications required.

Thanking in advance.

Regards,

Dinesh Powale

093238 73714

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dinesh,

Based on your question I am assuming that you are trying to upload schema for the Master catalog.

Did you try to "edit" Master catalog first?

When you press "Edit" for the first time system is creating master catalog in the background. From your question I understand that you did not do that

For other catalogs (supplier and procurement) ID should be created first.

Gordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gordan,

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I am trying to upload master schema.

I did try the button "edit catalogs" first, only thing I don't know whether anybody else has pressed any other button earlier as I joined project late.

and now when I press "upload" button to upload CSV file for master schema from my local machine , an error comes "error in reading master catalog".

also, for the "upload" button the required URL is not found in the application properties.

waiting for yr responce.

thanks.

Dinesh

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

Did your /CCM/INITIALIZE_CME passed sucessfuly? Look at SLG1 for /CCM/STANDARD_TYPE(CA-CAT) and view messages.

Try if it is possible to edit master catalog. Even if you do not have schema you will be able to enter the master catalog. If system response on your "Edit" is "error in reading master catalog" I am recommeding you to recreate master catalog by deleting old one.

You can delete it through Catalog Manager role in browser and remove it from IMG node "Set Master Catalog ID and Fuzzy Search". Run again /CCM/INITIALIZE_CME. Later when you enter again "Edit" catalog you should see /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG and editing it system will recreate master catalog.

BTW if your CAT and CSE are on the separate clients initialization should be performed on all of them.

HTH

Gordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks again,

my "/CCM/INITIALIZE_CME" ran successfully and gave the message "predefined datatype and characteristics were intialized".

I am not having anything in my "edit catalog" screen.

I am having an entry of "/CCM/MASTER_CATALOG" in my IMG screen"Specify Settings for Master Catalog ID and Fuzzy Search".

my CAT and CSE are on the same client.

I am sorry but my cat_manager user is disabled by our basis team. hence I will revert with other trials mentioned by you in a day or two.

Grateful for your help.

regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gordan,

my user has been activated now, but now i am facing a different problem.

in the "edit catalogs" button only "edit" and "schema expo.." and "add to favourites" these buttons are active.

but the buttons upload,publish, delete, delete history are not active.

my user is having the following roles and corresponding profiles.

/CCM/CATALOG_APPROVER

/CCM/CATALOG_MANAGER

/CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH

SAP_BBP_STAL_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_BBP_STAL_EMPLOYEE

SAP_BBP_STAL_MANAGER

SAP_EC_BBP_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_EC_BBP_EMPLOYEE

SAP_EC_BBP_MANAGER

can you pl. help?

regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CCM seniors,

I request you to go through the earlier communication of this thread.

Now the status is the user i am using for CAT has following roles:

/CCM/CATALOG_MANAGER

/CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH

SAP_BBP_STAL_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_BBP_STAL_EMPLOYEE

SAP_BBP_STAL_MANAGER

SAP_EC_BBP_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_EC_BBP_EMPLOYEE

SAP_EC_BBP_MANAGER

and profile of sap_all and sap_new.

in my home page all the buttons "upload,edit,publish,schema expo,delete, delete history,add to favoirites" are active (but there are no URLs attached in the properties of these respective buttons).

i had run /ccm/intialize_cme , restarted server , could find /ccm/master catalog in IMG-->fuzzy search,

but the same master cataog was not appearing on CAT home page.

when i check SLG1 i am getting the following message

"error when generating catalog /ccm/master_catalog " and also "error when creating a catalog"

can anybody pl. help??

if you require any further info i can send screen shots on personal ID !!

best regards,

Dinesh

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dinesh: have a look at SAP Note 910814, and make sure your /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG entry in Customizing is uppercase.

Also, check table /CCM/D_CTLG_REQ via transaction SE16. How many entries do you have for /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG? What are the values in the PROCESS and ACTIVE columns for these entries?

Did you open an SAP customer message on this?

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Have you installed TREX? TREX is required for indexing and publishing jobs. Check the Configuration Fact Book CCM 2.0 - A Guide to CCM 2.0 – configuration made easy on https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/support for more information on CCM 20.

Regards,

Adeoye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adeoye,

thanks for yr attention.

yes, TREX is there in our SLD.

I have also run report "TREX_RFC_CREATE_INDEX " in my CCM system and getting message "Return code: 2.003

Return text: An index already exists with the same name;index=index_test1,location=dqtxapp3467:30003 "

hope this message shows correct integration of TREX with CCM .

Waiting for yr further suggestion.

thanking in advance.

Best Regards,

Dinesh

APaskell
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

Are you seeing the Master catalog when you login to CCM 2.0 via Edit Catalog?

We have just installed SRM 4.0 with CCM 2.0 and found it missing after running the initialize.

We found that we had to add support pack 0016 for SAP Basis and ABAP and then run the initialization again (this will not effect the system if you have not added any other catalogs). After this the master catalog was visible(we where on pack 0015).

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alan

Answers (0)