cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM - Cannot create contract price compound field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum members,

I am trying to setup an import map for SRM-MDM and cannot seem to create the 'contract price' compound field unless I create columns in my source file for all 4 non-qualifier fields (Contract ID, Contract Item ID, Contract Item Category and Lower Bound).

I want to have my source file only containing Contract ID and Contract Item ID, but when I tried creating the other 2 as source fields in import manager, with null values and then mapping the null values to the respective destination values, when I tried creating the contract price compound field I always get the error message:

"Unable to retrieve source fields"

Can anyone shed any light on this? As we are potentially going to load dozens of files this way we don't want to have someone manually create these 2 columns in every load file.

Thanks very much,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Was your error resolved? How did you solve it if ever? I am currently experiencing the same error.

Thanks,

ASP

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot crete the compund price field without creating the 2 new columns in the import file if you use excel as the file source.

I decided in the end not to do this and I proceeded without creating this in the normal way.

I just duplicated the price field and called the new field in import manager 'Contract Price' and mapped it to the 'Contract Price' field manually.

Best regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the import manager, you can add a new field. Those fields are created with NULL value as default. If you save your map, everysingle time you use it, this fields will be automatically created, and you won't need to change the source file for it. I think with the fields you already have and the added ones you can create the compund field you need.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Alejandra,

I did do what you suggest and created 2 fields with NULL values as default. I was advised by other people in another forum post to do this too, and you'd think it should work.

However, import manager just does not like using 2 source fields created in import manager and mapped to the corresponding dest fields when we try and create the compound field. The error message always comes up.

Is this a bug? Are there any specific settings I need to set to prevent the error message?

Thanks,

Nick