cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give authorisations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am new to SAP Basis work and i am having trouble trying to get my head around giving profiles/roles to users in SAP. I tend to give SAP_ALL in my SolMan test system to new users but that is obviously bad practice. Does anyone know what default profiles any user needs. I can do a wildcard search for a specific term but users tend to complain they cannot access basic transactions.

Any ideas if there is a general rule of thumb everyone uses?

Thanks,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mani,

SAP Solution Manager contains predefined roles. This is what is said by SAP:

"The roles in the SAP Solution Manager are composite roles, which contain individual roles, which in turn contain authorizations for individual functions, e.g. for the Business Blueprint.

The following composite roles contain the central authorizations which they require for projects, and can be tailored to suit individual projects:

● Project leaders [SAP_SOL_PM_COMP] are responsible for organizing and planning the project, and monitoring costs and deadlines.

● Application consultants [SAP_SOL_AC_COMP] are responsible for business content and the documentation of operational activities. This composite role has limited authorization and is intended for project members who need to be adjusted individually.

● Development consultants [SAP_SOL_BC_COMP] are responsible for the development of customer-specific programs and authorizations.

● Technical consultants [SAP_SOL_TC_COMP] are responsible for installing systems and providing technical support to users.

● Display user/Read only [SAP_SOL_RO_COMP]: contains SAP Solution Manager display/read only authorization.

● Read authorization depending on status in Document Management [SAP_SOL_RE_COMP]: only contains read authorization per status in Knowledge Warehouse Document Management "

I hope this solves your question.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your replies. They are most helpful

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Refer the Solution Manager 7.0 Security guide, Use the following path

http://service.sap.com/instguides --> SAP Components --> SAP Solution Manager --> Release 7.0 ---> Security Guide SAP Solution Manager 7.0

This document will give you the list of all roles

regards

Naveen