Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC status in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I applied basis patch 65 in our server. After that in transaction SU01 i got a SNC tab.

It specifies SNC is not active on this application server.

It also specifies Canonical name not determined.

Please help.

Regards,

siddhartha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you change/add snc/enable in your instance profile ?

What is snc/gssapi_lib configured as in your instance profile ?

Can you also explain whether you are trying to use SNC, and if so, what are you using it for ? Is it for SAP GUI SSO, or securing server to server connections ?

Thanks,

Tim

9 REPLIES 9

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you also explain whether you are trying to use SNC, and if so, what are you using it for ? Is it for SAP GUI SSO, or securing server to server connections ?

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have any of these configured in my instance profile.

Can you also explain whether you are trying to use SNC, and if so, what are you using it for ?

I am not trying to use SNC.

Is it for SAP GUI SSO, or securing server to server connections ?

No.

I applied kernal patches/SPAM/ basis.

After that i am getting this tab.

Regards,

siddhartha.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siddhartha,

ok, thanks.

As far as I know the only time the SNC tab should be shown is when SNC is enabled. When SNC is enabled the SNC tab in su01 is used to configure the SNC name for a given user. If you are not using SNC and have not enabled SNC then the SNC tab should not appear.

I suggest you report this to SAP since the tab should only appear when SNC is enabled. Perhaps something was wrong with the kernel patch ?

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim

On all of the recent ECC6 systems I have worked on, the SNC tab is visible in the user master record as default even when it is not activated or set up.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Tim

>

> On all of the recent ECC6 systems I have worked on, the SNC tab is visible in the user master record as default even when it is not activated or set up.

Alex, thanks. I had not notied this yet. Perhaps there is a SAP note which explains the reason for this change - in NW2004 and NW 7.0 this was/is not the case. I am trying to find a reason why SAP would make such a change since there is no need to have an SNC tab if SNC is not enabled/configured !

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspected the same, but as we use SNC it was hard to tell.

Obviously Tim would not have noticed the difference either, as why would he ever have anything to do with an SAP system which does not have SNC enabled?

I guess that it can just be ignored if not used, like the groups tab for example.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jan 5, 2009 1:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note # 999476 is the one you're searching for.

Since this note (respectively the relevant SPs) the SNC tab is visible regardless of the activation of SNC.

The correction makes sure that SNC values of a CUA child system can be maintained in the CUA central system in any case. If SNC was inactive in the central system it wasn't possible (see description of the note)

Regards, Uwe

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uwe,

Thankyou for finding this SAP note and explaining why the SNC tab is shown now, but wasn't in earlier releases. I tried to find this note but couldn't - perhaps because I used wrong keywords when searching ?

Take care,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhh...-

Is this something you are talking about Suplier Network Collaboration (SNC) NOT about Secure Network Communications (SNC)? I guess so.

Please clarify this so as to further expand on this if you meant prior ONE.

Thanks,

Ashok