cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hover Menu and VC apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've developped some Visual composer applications for my portal. I've also put in place a dropdown hover rmenu.

I'm facing an issue concerning the integration between the 2 components : the hover menu is always displayed under the VC application, which hides the subentries of my menu...

I've read about some parameter called "wmode" that should be set to "transparent" in Flash app to allow the menu to be displayed over my VC app, but can't find where I can specify it in a standard VC app.

Could anyone help me resolving this issue?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

I managed to find a workaround for this. There is a website that creates menus for you using an online tool (http://www.mycssmenu.com/). One of the options for your menu is a "fix" for issues with IE6 when hover menus are displayed over select objects. That particular problem I think has been sorted in IE7 but the same fix seems to also resolve the flash issue. Worth a look.

Cheers,

Dion

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this thread which deals with the same problem.

/thread/1200486 [original link is broken]

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

have you tried using an visibility condition for the hover menu?

When you don't need the menu you can mask it with such kind of condition. Its the best way to use a store value.

For example you can implement a conditon like this:

STORE@VIS_Condition==1

So the menu is only visibel when the store value is NOT 1.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your answer but I think you didn't understood my question.

What I would like is not displaying or not the hovermenu.

The problem is that my hovermenu is always considered under every VC application, which are displayed as flash objects in a web browser.

Maybe a screenshot could explained better than I:

http://images.imagup.com/08/1231773588_hovermenu_VCApp.jpg

The problem is that I've got other subentries in my menu following "Warranty claim Tracking" which are not displayed here because they are considered under my VC application.

I hope it's clearer. Thanks for your help.

Edited by: Xavier TENDRON on Jan 12, 2009 10:36 AM

Edited by: Xavier TENDRON on Jan 12, 2009 10:36 AM

Edited by: Xavier TENDRON on Jan 12, 2009 10:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

I'm facing the same issue as the flash application does not seem to have the flag transparent so hover menus will be displayed on top of it. Did you manage to find a solution?

Cheers,

Dion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dion,

good to see that I'm not more alone... Unfortunatelly I was not abble to manage this issue.

Well, it's a way to refresh this post.

Can someone help us?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

yes I stumbled on to this. Technically the solution is to add the parameter 'transparent' to the flash application but unfortunately I'm not sure if this is possible to do with VC. Is it possible to modify the underlying HTML or change the properties of the flash application? If not this is a big shortcoming of VC. SAP should've thought of this. Very poor...

Cheers,

Dion