cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: RFC / IDOC required for doing CIDX Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Gurus,

This is Amar Srinivas Eli. I have task here to work and implement CIDX Scenario succesfully. There are some business cases as per the CIDX standards from that I was selected one Business case i,,e, FORECASTING.

But inorder to implement that scenario I need some RFC's or IDOC lists from SAP side whether it may be a source or target side..what ever it may be...and other side will be CIDX format.

Here I need your help in the below mentioned tasks. Kindly help me out in a detailed step by step guide and do the needful to me.

1. How to get RFC / IDOC name from R3 System and I know that I can get RFC from SE37 and IDOCs

from WE05 but I need whether all the required fileds are statisfying in the RFC's or not.

2. My first preference is only for STANDARD SAP RFCs or IDOCs.

3. Please let me know how to see the inner fields present in those RFC's

4. ALso please provide any configuration guide which contains screen shots if you already worked

earlier on CIDX Scenario I mean step by step and also for testing

5... tell me if there is any other tool other than STK kit for testing CIDX messages.

6. Is there any Freeware STK tool kit is there or not...

Also share your experience and errors that you have faces while doing this CIDX Scenario.

Regards:

Amar Srinivas Eli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

I Worked on IDOC-CIDX B2B implementation project ,

Idocs ORDERS04,ORDERCHANGE,ORDERRESPONSE,SHIPNOTOCE,DELIVRY03 IDocs,

If you are developing IDOC-CIDX , this type of interface we called as OutBound Interface,

First yiou have to import IDOC from SAP R/3 System to XI,

for that you have to do some standard settings in R/3 side as well as XI,

RFC Destinations, port configurations(search in sdn you wil get how to configure).

Then you have to import idoc from r/3 sing imported objects use in IR,give your SAP R/3 System details.

When you imported IDOC in to IR you will see the each and every filed description.

Please identify the which fileds you have to map.

Then CIDX side you will get standard CIDX DTD V2.0.2 fromats search in goolge.

Download the DTD's and using imported Archives impoted DTD,then use as a receievr .

CIDS HAVING ORDER CREATE,ORDERCHANDE,INVOICE different type of DTD's .

please select your dtds and import it.

mapping logic and look ups depending upon your inteface.

Coming to testing i didt used any testing tool , but you can comre your output using XML Spy or Stylus studio.

CIDx Documents,you wil find in SDN please search in SDN.

if any queries let me know.

Cheers,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! All,

Thanks for your fast response..

Hi! Raja,

I gone through your points. Here I have few doubts on those please clarify that.

Coming to testing i didt used any testing tool , but you can comre your output using XML Spy or Stylus studio.*

*CIDx Documents,you wil find in SDN please search in SDN.

Means Without using STK Tool or else some other tool How can I get the CIDX response for my request in the Testing environment. See I am not doing this in real time I am trying to findout the solution for Business cases so I need one testing environment tool right ? Is that ALTOVA XML spy will give no right ?

Note: You told that you have done that business case IDOC--CIDX Order change / req Will you please share the information documentation I mean step by step procedure for end to end doc...based on your scenario ?

2. I know those R3 and PI settings I mean configurations means ports and RFC destinations and all those..but only thing I dono is "How you got that IDOC I mean on what basis and how did u search the IDOC?"

3. See Here I am working on topic FORECASTING it includes so many sub tasks like Deman PLan req and response, supply plan req and response and replenishment order and etc....so based on that how can I get those related RFC's or IDOC's in order to communicate from R3 Side

If Suppose I have seen one RFC/IDOC and for example out of 10 fields few are there in one IDOC and another few are there in another IDOC then in that case I need to go for Multimapping IDOCs I mean 2 Senders to one Receiver if yes Is it possible?

My first requirement is based on the above mentioned business cases how can I get the corresponding RFC's or IDOCs ?

Regards:

Amar Srinivas Eli

Edited by: Amar Srinivas Eli on Jan 5, 2009 12:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I got your answer when i was searching abt cidx adopter.Now I am also working with IDOC-CIDX scenario in PI 7.11

I am getting confusion abt Integration Directory config. In XI 3.0 Usually i import 2 Busssiness one for sender

and another for receiver, create cc for each one , send aggre,Rece det,Intf det and Rec aggre, .

I went thro with some other material. i got confusion abt business components , businnes component, party ..etc

If possible kindly send to me step by step procedure. for cidx config

Thanks

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is no much different steps involved in CIDX,its same as normal interface,But it depends on your scenario B2B or A2A.

You need to know hot to configure CIDX Adapter refer help.sap.com,are some blogs available on the same.

You need to download CIDX message formats ,google it yopu will get the latest 3.0 version dtd.

use that dtd structure as source/target structure.,You need to understand about the CIDX message format,

Coming to developmnet as i mentioned its very similar process,and Integration Directory,

Create Bussiness Componnet(Bussiness Service 7.0) and create CIDX communication channel for the same.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

also check this notes

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/cb22419e2ab167e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

SAP Note 817894 - Fixes for CIDX Adapter XI 3.0, SP-10

Note 825460 - URL for B2B Adapters (RNIF2.0 & CIDX)

Note 788690 - RNIF2.0/CIDX Adapter Authentication problem with HTTPS

Note 834728 - CIDX Adapter- Inbound Acknowledgement failure

Note 830384 - CIDX Full Mode Configuration

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar

Look at this Bolg

Chem XML Message eStandards and CIDX Scenario u2013 Part I

/people/suraj.pabbathi/blog/2008/04/30/chem-xml-message-estandards-and-cidx-scenario-150-part-i

Chem XML Message eStandards and CIDX Scenario development u2013 Part II

/people/suraj.pabbathi/blog/2008/05/05/chem-xml-message-estandards-and-cidx-scenario-development-150-part-ii

Getting Started with CIDX

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/915dc712-0b01-0010-a99a-fb2fdfa5...

The chemXML specific configuration is available at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

have a look on these above links ..may get some answer you are looking for

Regards

Abhishek