cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Queuing and Once Only Delivery Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay... not looking for too detailed information as you'll lose me. Was hoping someone could clear something up for me. In the Websphere world Websphere uses MQ as it's queuing mechanism internally to guarantee once-only delivery of messages. Now I know XI can integrate with MQ (or other messaging systems, JMS,etc...)but certainly XI guarantees once-only delivery without any of those components. My question is is XI's "queuing" mechanism proprietary or can, for instance, an external system somehow "put" or "get" information to/from that "queue"?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shaun,

XI's queueing mechanism is proprietary, technically qRFC is used. You can connect external systems only via adapters.

Rgds.,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaun,

As far as my knowledge goes, I don't think external system can use the queuing mechanism of XI.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Pleaser reward the posts that help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaun

I am sure its possible, but the message needs to be pushed to the queue using an adapter built on XI AFW.But if you expect an external JMS adapter/MQ adapter (non XI) to do the same for you, it would not able to as the message routing/handling is specific to XI AFW.