cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Planned Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem with the generated planned orders whenever i run location heuristic. It produces planned orders more than the demand. I have Push deployment Horizon defined, and also Pull deployment Horizon both at 150days. But in the Deployment Profile, Push Distribution, Pull is defined. Could it be because of that?

I really hope that you can help me.

Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Ria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

In the Deployment profile, select Pull/Push in Push distribution. Save it. Delete the existing planned orders for a product under test and then re-run the location heuristics. Check the demand vs receipts.

Please let me know.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

The excess demand could be attributed due to the following:-

1) If there is safety stock defined in system

2) If the planning horizon plans the subsequent weekly buckets and plans this week itself based on available capacity.

3) If there is any additional or manual demand entered in system

4) Old undeleted serviced demand existing in system

5) Lot size constraints

Please check whether do you have any cases like this.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thank you so much for the reply. But I think that the things you have mentioned are ok. I also noticed that there are no requirement pegged to the snp planned orders created. Only the ppds planned orders.

Hoping for your help.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

I am a little confused looking at this post.

The deployment settings have got nothing to do with SNP location heuristics.

The amount of planned order generated is based on the lot size profile and the rounding defined in the material master lot size tab.

Deployment settings are only effective for the deployment part of the planning.

I am also confused looking at your comment: "I also noticed that there are no requirement pegged to the snp planned orders created. Only the ppds planned orders."

You mean the SNP and PPDs orders are created for the same horizon?? This is impossible.

If you have a SNP order generated based on a forecast and then a PPDS run is done, the PPDS order deletes and replaces the SNP order. They don't co-exist.

Unless created manually you should see all system generated receipts to be pegged to requirements in pegging tab in product view (RRP3).

Please clarify so that I can may be clarify.