and also outstanding should reflect amount due from BILL of lading date

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear rithvika

Do the following

- Go to VOFA, select your billing type and execute. There tick the field "Posting block" so that whenever you generate export invoices, it will not be passed on to accounting automatically. You have to release it manually.

- Now make use of the user exit ZXVVFU01 through which you write a logic such that in VF02, if the users click the green flag to release the billing document to accounts, two fields should pop up ; one is Bill of Lading No. and Bill of Lading date which will also be the Posting date.

- Now make use of the payment terms such that the due date should calculate from posting date

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arijeet

Just to clarify your question, I would like to brief that Bill of Lading is an export document which will be issued by shipping agent. This will be issued once the exporter faxes the export invoice and packing list to the clearing agent who will then prepare shipping bill and file with customs office.

Once customs office clears the shipping bill, based on the availability of vessel (ship), the cargo would be loaded and at this stage only, bill of lading is issued.

So to answer to your question "Let us know if your Bill of lading date is something else than the GI date", is no it is different from GI date. Always, the bill of lading date will be after the GI date.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Laxmi. Reading your post 3 times actually helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear G.Lakshmipathi,

I would like to add something to this thread regarding Payment terms.

Scenario:

Payment Terms - 30 days.

( which means, company has given option to the customer for all the invoices can be settle in within 30 days or else will be considered as Due items)

Whenever we create billing for any customer, with above payment terms. means he has 30 days period to clear this open item.

but when we maintain credit check, system considers this open item value for credit check. ( what am thinking is, why system is considering this value, when company is already provided 30 days credit period)?

if the system considers this open item for credit check, means we are not providing 30 days period.

am i missing anything?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arijeet

The fact was that I had posted only once and I was surprised to see my comments thrice in this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP consultant

this is based on the customers credit ability to pay all the outstandings.

for example if we had given him a credit limit of 100000 and payment terms as 30 days.

if credit check wont happen he can place an order every day upto 29days for rs 10000 every day

he can purchase upto 290000 but he has the ability top pay only 100000

i think this might be the reason

regards

Any suggestions

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Thanks for the reply

Actually we will be creating delivery and billing and also excise invoices and goods will be at the port

and we will be receiving the bill of lading number later when they are boarded

as laxmipathi pointed

Gi date and the bill fo lading date is different

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Bill of Lading date would essentially be the GI date. If that is the case, then you dont need to worry since the GI date is the Billing date (unless you have a customer specific preference) and which in turn in the accounting doc date. All payment terms are calculated as per the accounting doc date and so it will be fine.

Let us know if your Bill of lading date is something else than the GI date.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arijeet

Just to clarify your question, I would like to brief that Bill of Lading is an export document which will be issued by shipping agent. This will be issued once the exporter faxes the export invoice and packing list to the clearing agent who will then prepare shipping bill and file with customs office.

Once customs office clears the shipping bill, based on the availability of vessel (ship), the cargo would be loaded and at this stage only, bill of lading is issued.

So to answer to your question "Let us know if your Bill of lading date is something else than the GI date", is no it is different from GI date. Always, the bill of lading date will be after the GI date.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arijeet

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arijeet

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi