cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in WP Trace files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting the below error in our work process trace files for our SCM 5.1 system

Tue Dec 30 17:35:51 2008

***LOG Q0I=> NiPGetHostByName: hostname 'OPTSERVER' not found: gethostbyname [niuxi.c 1470]

At same time, we have system log entries as below:

19:07:34 BTC 031 009 APOADMIN Q0 I Operating system call gethostbyname failed (error no. 0 )

Documentation for system log message Q0 I :

The specified operating system call was returned with an error.

For communication calls (receive, send, etc) often the cause of errors

are network problems.

It could also be a configuration problem at operating system level.

(file cannot be opened, no space in the file system etc.).

Does anyone know about this?? The RFC connections between APO server and Optimizer server are working fine and there is no issue. However, for any dialog/background process we are getting the error above. Please suggest.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
***LOG Q0I=> NiPGetHostByName: hostname 'OPTSERVER' not found: gethostbyname http://niuxi.c 1470
At same time, we have system log entries as below:

during that time

there might be some ntwork problems so you are getting the message , its a common error which comes due to network connectivity,

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Umesh,

I checked hosts and services file in both APO server and Optimizer server. There is no specific entry for OPTSERVER defined.

I checked our DEV and QAS APO corresponding systems and there also no entries for OPTSERVER defined and DEV and QAS does not have similar errors either.

hi Subash,

Please note that the connection between APO and Optimizer are working fine. However, each time they talk we get these errors.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Pls check whether HOST file has the corresponding entries,if not then add it.

Best Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls ignore duplicate replies

Edited by: Sandeep Soman on Jan 5, 2009 9:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I checked hosts and services file in both APO server and Optimizer server. There is no specific entry for OPTSERVER defined.

I checked our DEV and QAS APO corresponding systems and there also no entries for OPTSERVER defined and DEV and QAS does not have similar errors either.

Please note that the connection between APO and Optimizer are working fine. However, each time they talk we get these errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls ignore duplicate replies