cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business system ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I define a same business system in both sand box and our development XI box? Even though nothing prevents me from doing that in SLD, I am curious about the effect of doing this from R/3 perspective.. In SXMB_ADM, we need to point the corresponding integration server for the business system (and I presume we can point to only one XI server here).. Meaning a same R/3 business system cannot be defined in two XI servers. Is this conclusion right?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not use same business system, if you have same SLD pointing to both the environments. You need to create new Business system for each environment provided you have one SLD. If you have multiple SLD, then you can use the same Business System in the both environment. Then there will be a SLD bridge between your one environment to the another.

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured RFC receiver adapter for business system 'A'. Instead of giving the actual host name, instances and other required attributes for the system 'A', I gave the hostname of another R/3 system (and this system is not defined in the SLD). Would my RFC receiver work?

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SSG,

in this special case it would work. Keep in mind that this is not the recommended way, especiallly the transport of the configuration won't work, because you've to define transport targets. Otherwise the routing rules won't be adapted.

Rgds.,

Andreas