cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce size of Stat file Generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In landscape ECC 6.0, Oracle 10, Solaris stat files are getting generated of huge size and thus occupying the space at OS level till next clean up. Due to this sometimes space usage reaches 100% for /usr/sap/<SID>.

I have checked SAP Note 6833 and in our landscape stat/max_files parameter is set for 48 and after monitoring the system we came to conclusion that we are not in state to maintain even value 10 for this parameter.

Now I want to change the location for creation of stat file to some other by creating softlink.

Need help and advice about how to create softlink to change the generation location from /usr/sap/<SID> to /oracle/<SID>

OR

if anyone can help me out with some other solution for this, I will be really grateful for that.

Thanks & Regards,

Manish P Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your helpful answer...

Thanks & Regards,

Manish P Singh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can specify the location of the stat file by using parameter stat/file so that should fix your issue.

About creating a softlink between /usr/sap/<sid> and /oracre/<sid> very bad idea.... when you create a softlink you basically redirect all the data not just only the specified file (except when the file is sitting in a directory of its own)..

Regards

Juan