Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast consumption-sales order added to forecast instead of consuming it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for looking.

In our configuration, Forecast is gets incremented by the quantity of dependent demand (which is generated due to sales order) instead of getting consument.

E.g.

Initial Forecast in bucket 01/01/2009 - 100

New Dependent demand is - 20 ( planned order generated due to sales order from GATP)

New forecast for same bucket is 120 instead of 80.

Configuration settings:

1. Planning strategy for product for which forecast exists - 20

2. Assigned category group K02 to planning stragegy 20 with categories AG and BM

3. Assignment mode: Planning with final assembly

4. Planning segment: Net segment

Am I missing any important configuration to make forecast consumption to work?

Regards

Alhad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since I am a little confused, few questions for you:

1. Which planning book are you using?

2. When you say "Initial Forecast", which key figure are you talking about? Forecast?

3. Does it have category FA

4. When you say the forecast is incremented by 20, are you saying your total demand = 120 or your forecast is 120??

5. Is the sales order keyfigure setr to category BM and the category group D11?

6. Which keyfigure is assigned category group K02?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Below is the reply to your questions

1. Planning book is a copy of std planning book 9ASNP94.(Is consumption logic dependent on planning book? SAP never mentioned anywhere)

2. The initial forecast is forcast in one of the buckets in key figure Forecast with category FA.

3. Category is FA.

4. Forecast becomes 120 after getting the dependent demand 20 in dependent demand in key figure "Dependent demand". Before this, the forecast was 100. As soon as i get this demand, forecast automatically gets incremented and the total demand becomes 140. The total demand is a function of macro since there is simple addition that is happening but increment of forecast by 20 is not a function of macro.

5. The key figure is not assigned the category group K02. The planning strategy 20 has been assigned this category group which has categorgries - BM and AY (both requirements supposed to eat up the forecast i.e. independent requirement).

Please do ask me more questions if i am not clear.

Regards

Alhad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alhad,

What Consumption mode are you using (mentioned in Demand tab of Product Master)? Please verify the consumption period and forecast date/time.

Also, in the product view (/sapapo/rrp3), check the forecast tab. Here, you should be able to see the forecast broken into dates and which sales orders are consuming forecast of what period.

If everything's maintained properly, as mentioned by you - requirement strategy, planning strategy etc - the sales orders wont consume forecast, if past forecast is present.

Regards,

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

The forecast tab was giving the dump. For this i applied the note 1100067. Now the forecast situation is as seen below

From Date To Date Quantity Allocated Rem. Plng

01/05/2009 01/11/2009 4673 6 4667

This indicates that forecast consumption is happening.

My Problem: My forecast key figure shows the "Quantity" i.e. 4673 and not 4667. I want to see the Remaining for planning quantity in forecast after consumption. i.e. 4667.

What i have done: I have changed the Quantity type assigned to category FA from blank to 01, 02 and 03. But it does not change. I have this category group and category assigned in Planning Area too.

Is there any otherr setting that i am missing to view the consumed forecast in Forecast keyfigure?

Appreciate your help on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alhad, since consumption is happening..just check if you have already looked into this note.743646

Answers (0)