cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to empty EOIO queue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a file2mq scenario (Exactly Once In Order as service quality). for some reason the messages are now jammed in the EOIO queue. I get this feedback via the RWB message monitoring; there i can see some of the scenario's messages are at "Holding" status (Unknown reason). when i try to delete or re-send messages (i mark them all) i get Err (in case of deletion) or "green light" in case of re-send; yet, few seconds later messages are back in "Holding" state.

How can i delete/re-send all messages in queue?

why is it hapening? how can i avoid it next time?

additional observation:

when i count "all" messages i get 92 (e.g.).

when i count "successful" messages i get 92 (e.g.).

when i count "Holding" messages i get 22 (e.g.).

isn't that weird?

BTW,

can any one point a usefull link so i'll be able to understand the differnt between "Holding" && "Waiting".

Regards

Uri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in our case we experienced "black magic". the only way it was eventually solved was by useing "brute force" (i.e. delete and re-org db by basis guy).

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

1. If you used any Message split in XI it will turn yiour messages QOS from EO into EOIO.

2.also possible is that your interface is waiting for acknowledgement from the target system.

Please check.

Edited by: Nimrod Gisis on Jan 6, 2009 3:46 PM

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This blog should help answer your query and even solve it,

[How to deal with stuck EOIO messages in the XI 3.0 Adapter Framework|/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework]

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oops, looks like I have posted the same answer as previously pointed.

Not sure why, but when I looked the first time; the post was unanswered.

Regards

Bhavesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, not our fault.

I saw many instances today where threads does not show number of replies properly. Forum is tired i guess

Regards,

Prateek

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prateek,

Thanks!

Looks like this is some issue with the forum which the concerned team is now aware of. Lets hope it gets resolved soon.

Regards

Bhavesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The holding status could be understood here

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Waiting status occurs when the adapter engine tries to post the message to the receiver system but due to some problem (unable to connect or receiver down etc..) it is unable to send it, so message goes into waiting status. It retries sending data after particular interval (default 3 retries at interval of 5 mins). After this the message goes into System Error status.

Regards,

Prateek

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Stefan weblog will help

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss