cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForm Template Confusion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a template in my SmartForm. The node hierarchy is window=>code=>template=>text. I have the template defined as Line 1: 1 to 1. Width is 10CM. 1 is 5 and 2 is 5. In text 1 I have a left-just parameter. In text 2 I have a left-just parameter.

My understanding is that these should display next to each other like this:

text1 text2.

However, they look like this:

text1

text2

I need to define text 1 and text 2 on the same line which is what I thought it would do because I have two entries in the template of 5CM each under one and two. We are on 46C. I do not see a place I can define the colomn in Text1 or Text2 in output options. I only see "Line with" checkbox, then width, horiz spacing, vert spacing below that. I didn't thoink I needed to do anything with that.

My biggest challenge too is my minimal knowledge of paragraph and character formatting? Maybe my issue is that?

I am open to any and all suggestion.....Thank-You.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you created the text under the template??? I mean right click on the template, First select the template, right click on it..and then create a text element under the template....the text element should be under the template and not after the template. And further, please go through this document from help.sap.com:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVSCRSF/BCSRVSCRSF.pdf

Vishwa.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey buddy,

as per your requirement, what you need is like this:

text1 text2

not like this:

text1

text2

Ok.

Well, as you said your template is divided into two. 1st column is 5 cm and the 2nd column is 5cm too.

Now what you must do is,

1. create two text nodes under the template node. so under your template-->text1, text2

2. Second, on the first text node, click on the "output option tab". In this tab, you can see on the lower part "output structure". You can see two fields, "LINE" and COLUMN. On the line field, input 1. and on the column field input 1 also.

3. On the second text node, click the "output option" tab again. and on the line field, input 1 and on the column field input 2.

With this, you can produce your requirement like this.

text1 text2

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want both the texts on the same line, then the spilt the template into 2 columns/cells in a single row.

now give the positions in output options of text 1 (with ROW '1' COLUMN '1'), similarly for text 2 (ROW '1' & COLUMN '2').

if you do like above, u ill get the output as required (text1 text2).

Hope it helps!!

Kindly let me know if u need any further help!!

Regards,

Pavan

Edited by: vishnu Pavan on Jan 5, 2009 5:29 AM

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through the below link. It may help you to close the thread.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3c5d9ae3-0501-0010-0090-bdfb2d45...

Regards,

SaiRam