cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we integrate SAP E-sourcing contracts with Baan ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to integrate SAP E-sourcing (contracts) with backend Baan ?

If yes, what would be the implications, h/w & s/w requirements and restrictions ?

We have Baan 4 nd Baan 4.5 as backends. Contracts are created in E-Sourcing, but these two

systems are not connected as of now.

We want SAP E-sourcing contracts to be directly transferred/ distributed to Baan (as operational

contracts), where they can be used to create release orders by the operational purchasers.

Any clarity on this matter would be of great help.

Best Regards,

Ruchika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchika - In my opinion, this is definitely possible, but it would most likely require some customization as I don't believe SAP provides a "standard" Baan integration. However, I don't have Baan experience, so I don't know what the specific requirements of it would be.

Under the assumption that E-Sourcing has all of the data that Baan would require, I am confident that you could build a custom integration to do this. That custom integration could potentially be built using E-Sourcing scripts, queries/reports, and/or custom Java code deployed with E-Sourcing. Again, we would need to understand the specific requirements in order to establish the best solution for this.

Another approach to the integration would be to use the current E-Sourcing / SAP ERP integration that already exports the data. If the data is all there and the process imposed by this integration matches with Baan, then the customization work would be done on the SAP XI/PI side that currently transforms the data into SAP format and transmits that data to SAP. The required work would be to transpose the data to Baan format and transmit it to Baan.

Choosing the best approach would depend on the requirements. For example, if the process imposed by the standard SAP ERP integration were not what was required, then re-using the standard integration may not be a good solution.

To summarize, from a technical point of view, I believe this integration could be built.

I hope this helps.

Rob Stevenson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rob,

Also I would like to know that whether is it possible to integrate E-sourcing with multiple backends or is it only possible to integrate it with single backend ?

Regards,

Ruchika

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchika

with the SAP E0Sourcing 5.1 version, its only possible to integrate a single ERP backend.

You can try developing the multiple backend with some development effort using the splitter functionality

Regards

tridip

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchika

Hope your queries have been answered

Also please check SDN thread where we have discussed the same query

Cheers

Tridip

Answers (0)