cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 171356, saplocales, kernel 2.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have been using rpm to try to install saplocales-2.4. The thing is my Linux kernel is on 2.6.When doing the installation, the program screams about not having 2.4.

I did not see a saplocales.2.6 in the note.

I have installed the 2.4 version with the rpm -ivh ... --nodeps option.

This should still work - right?

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since saplocales is not needed for Unicode systems, this seems to no longer be an issue for me.

TIA

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have been using rpm to try to install saplocales-2.4. The thing is my Linux kernel is on 2.6.When doing the installation, the program screams about not having 2.4

The versioning in saplocales is compatible with the versioning of glibc and has nothing to do with the kernel versioning.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

>

> The versioning in saplocales is compatible with the versioning of glibc and has nothing to do with the kernel versioning.

>

> Regards,

> Nelis

OK, then.

The glibc version I have is 2.6. saplocales seems to be associated with 2.4 glibc.

Is there a saplocales that can work with 2..6??

TIA

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was going to suggest to try one of the source archives but I see the highest is source_saplocales_glibc_251.zip. I guess this is the sought of thing you can expect from using an unsupported OS ? Of course if you're using a Unicode system then this wouldn't be required.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neils,

The Linux I am using is the equivalent to SLES 10. I have done installations on this several times and have not ran into any major problems as of yet.

Anyways, a Unicode kernel is being used - so - I guess the saplocales issue is a moot point.

Thanks for the inputs.