cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using PDF Converter Software available in desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

we have a PDF converter software which converts the Selected Word Document in to PDF format

This happens this way when we try to Print the word file instead of selecting the Printer we select the PDF converter Software icon displayed at Printer list menu.

the Word is converted to PDF at the Desired Location choosen.

Can i make use of this Software to Convert Released Documents to PDF Automatically.

or the Conversion server is required to be installed,

if it is possible please brief up the Steps

Thanks and Regards

Shanti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont want to install a conversion server, as i already have the PDF conversion software in my desktop hardly 25 MB software,

and it can convert my normal MS word or jpg, to PDF,

but i wanted the same to be automated at status changes using the software available in my system.

iam closing this thread for time being and will let u know if it works in future working with technical team,

thanks and regards,

Shanti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shanti... just wondering if you've managed to find a solution to this as I am having a similar requirement...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, were you able to use the VBScript to work with status changes? We have a requirement to convert a .doc to .pdf and attach to DIR on a status change...please advise.

axel_doerr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shanti,

i guess you need to install a conversion server and define converetr and conversions in order to do automatic conversion during a status change of a dir.

We also do an office to pdf conversion. Unfortunately i found no (freeware) pdf converter available that has no screen entries necessary, which means printing in the background is not possible. So we use acrobat writer/distiller in order to accomplish this task. You need to do some vb scripting to open up the office file, change the printer to the pdf printer and print the file. Unfortunately the vbs code is of course different for word, excel, powerpoint. There is a nice article out there for word to pdf conversion http://www.suodenjoki.dk/us/productions/articles/word2pdf.htm . As you can read in the article you don't need the distiller anymore if you have a word 2007 which can write directly a pdf file.

Axel