cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BC sets in Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am configuring Service desk in solman 7.0.In the configuration i have activated some BC sets but not getting what is the purpose of those BC sets.

Please tell the purpose of activating BC sets and assigning number range in the configuration.

Shivam Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

The purpose of activating BC sets and assigning number range in the configuration:

A Business Configuration set (BC Set) is a management tool that allows users to record, save and share customized settings. BC sets are a part of SAP Best Practices that are delivered in the form of preconfigured business settings.

Default Language for message processing, i.e. French, Message types etc. are configured during BC-sets activation.

ABA notifications are used for sending messages from different satellite systems to solution manager and also within solution manager.

Number ranges are needed to create a transaction. The Support Desk uses both the basic

notification (ABA) and the Support Desk message (service transaction SLFN).

Here, we set the internal number range for the ABA notifications and assign the message categories to the number ranges.

Define internal and external number ranges. Intervals must correspond to the intervals of the basic notification (ABA notification), otherwise the numbers may not be identical.

Regards

Sreedhar Reddy.A

Edited by: Sreedhar Reddy on Jan 4, 2009 10:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sivam,

Bc Sets are nothing but some series of custumization setps which system does on behalf of you.

you can also do this step manually but it is time consuming.

there are various bc sets activation in solution manager .

if you are intrested in the bc sets thats is what is actually happening then the place where you activated bc sets there you can find a button like notepad which gives info what is actually done by the system.

if you dont find there then navigate to manual configuration in spro instead of wizard based confguration there in the tree structure you can find BC set activation , beside this in the notepad ikon you can get all the info of steps activated by BC Sets.

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

Thanx for the information.

Can you please also tell me use of number range and what is externel and internel number range.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Define internal and external number ranges. Intervals must correspond to the

intervals of the basic notification (ABA notification), otherwise the numbers may not

be identical.

Regards

Sreedhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sivam,

i am an basis consultant and i had basic service desk setup configured.For advanced service desk configuration the project was handed over to CRM Team.

i had asked one crm consultant for the number range.

he had replied me in a simple term

1) internal no range :

It is for internal company reference number

2) external no range :

for example say you are creating a purchase order for the service you had offered to other company in that case you refer to external no range

you can also make both internal and external no range as same interval when you create a message in service desk.

please note : i had just transfered the info what i had recieved from other guy. please also refer to others or some expert from crm service could help you better

Regards,

Vijay.