cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForms: Field position output?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in a loop and my material and description all line up (left-justified paragraph) under each other within the output window. However, I have two numeric field values at the end of the line display that I convert into character fields (in an attempt to line up the colomns properly) that will not line up under one another. Is their a way in the syntax to say where exactly I want to start each field postion at? Others have mentioned a template but I need more specifics because I am not understanding how to use this functionality?

So either some quick sytax will work to explicitly define where my fields will start (tab position) or a more detailed explanantion of how to use the template functionality for my fields.

Thank-You. I

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ok, I will try to explain the template functionality.

Template is more often used to have static data gets printed which I am sure you already know.

Now, first create a template, and click on Details tab, now here in Name field give a name and then give the heaight you want to have, for example template is a box...now give the height of the box....then next to height you see numbers 1,2,....etc..

This is for the number of columns you have...for example you want to print two fields next to each other....then based on the width of the template,which you can find here itself.(on top after clicking details tab u will find the width), you should divide the width based on the requirement, If width is 20 cm..and u want two columns then 20 divide by 2..so each column should be 10....

Now, also you find "From" and "To" here....

This is for the number of rows you want, for example you want 2 rows, then the values in From and To are 1 to 2...this means 2 rows..can be used for the same template. If you have only two fields to print next to each other, then it is only one row.i.e. From = 1, and To = 1.

Now, create a text element under the template and in the output options tab you need to give the position where you want to print.

There you will find Line and Column fileds.....Line here means row. So, if you give values as 1 and 1...

It will print the field the value first,then you create another text element and in the output options...then if you give Line as 1 ans Column as 2, it will print next to the first field....and if you have two rows and then you create another text element, then in the output options tab if you give Line as 2 and Column as 1, it will print in second row, first column, hope you are getting it.

Now, try working on it...hope you got some idea about templates

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishwa, I am with you up until I create the text element under the template. I am not sure where the colomn declarations should be for the text elements? We are on 46C.

Like line 1 col 1, and line 1, col 2? I do not see where I put these values?

Thank-You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Output Options Tab of the Text Element, you have this option. Here you can give the line, I mean in which row and column as well..

VIshwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see where to declare the column position in the output options of the text? We are on 46C.

Thank-You

Answers (0)