Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while doing stock transfer for WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls help me regard this.

When I am transferring the material from Non WM storage location(non HU managed) to WM Storage location(HU Managed) using MB1B, Mv type311. I am getting an error "Data for creating a delivery is incomplete (Vendor)".

Regards

Anjali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

(I do not know HUM but I try to explain it, of course)

Please check SAP online help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/73/f53646dd7a11d3b4fe006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

If you want to process hybrids (handling units and additional materials) or exclusively materials, please note that you cannot generate a material document directly. In these cases, you must create deliveries so that you can carry out all subsequent processes such as picking or posting goods movements.

So, I'm afraid you cannot use MB1B for this pusrpose. Try trx VLMOVE to move the materials (trough a delivery), or you can create a HU first in HU02 and after that you can move it easily with VLMOVE refering to the ID of HU.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 3, 2009 6:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba

Thanks for your reply.

My issuing storage location is not a HU managed, so the stock can not be in the form of HU.so i cant use VLMOVE.Should i go through STO?

Regards

Anjali

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if your issuing storage location is not HU managed you should be able to pack the goods (HU02) having created the HU you can use VLMOVE.

If your non-HU managed SLoc's is the partener SLoc of the HU managed SLoc, you should be able to post the HU into that (HU managed) SLoc directly from trx HU02 when you pack the goods.

Or maybe you can create a delivery refering to a STO...

(I hope some HUM expert also read this thread, if I'm mistaken they can correct me)

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just one remark.

As far as I know you can use MB1B to move the HUs if the storage location is handling unit managed (T001L-XHUPF is set). In this case the system tries to create a delivery automatically, where you can attach the HU and post the goods movement within the delivery. But this is only the case if the sloc is HUM. If not, no delivery will be created and you will only move the material, but not the HU.

But I think it is better to use transaction vlmove or humo for moving HUs.

Regards,

Ely

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, that was incorrect information from my side. Thanks for your message!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you want to move an HU (system supposes that as you want to move the material to a HUM storage location where you can only store HUs) the system tries to create a delivery where you can attach the HU and move it (in most cases you always need a delivery to move HUs, except vlmove, where you can move HUs without creating deliveries). You get the mentioned message as data is missing for creating the delivery, in your case the vendor is not maintained. You can maintain this under following customizing point:

Handling Unit Management -> Basics -> Materials Management -> Inventory Management -> HU Requirement for Storage Locations and Default Values for Deliveries

Regards,

Ely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ely

I have already maintained this setting before doing MB1B,but still getting the same error.As you advised if I make issuing location HU managed, then system will upload the stock via delivery.So i cant make the issuing location HU managed reason being issuing location can be any location in the plant.

My requirement is that when I transfer the material from non WM &HU managed location to WM& HU managed location then system should create a delivery then I need to do packing, create HU, create and confirm the TO and then PGR.

Regards,

Anjali