cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User XIRWBUSER does not have authorization for message monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SP 16. We are running into an issue of not being able to see the messages in the adapter engine through XI runtime workbench. The roles for this user XIRWBUSER looks correct (SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER) and we can also log into the system with this user.

We then tried giving the user all of the priviledges of XISUPER. We also checked the exchangeProfile and pmistore.

We can log into the runtime workbench with the XIRWBUSER and query for the messages in the integration engine but not the adapter engine.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Could it be a problem in our configuration or SP16?

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

try checking sap note: 928862

I'm not sure if it's in English

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal for your reply.

Here is the note.

Note 928862- Message-Monitoring für Adapter-Engine funktionert nicht

Symptom

Nach Aufrufen des Message-Monitorings aus der Runtime-Workbench und Auswählen einer Adapter-Engine, bekommen Sie die Meldung "Keine Berechtigung für Message-Monitoring für Benutzer XIRWBUSER".

Weitere Begriffe

Message Display Tool, MDT

Ursache und Voraussetzungen

Konfigurationsfehler

Lösung

Überprüfen Sie die Destinationen "sap.com/com.sap.xi.mdt/com.sap.aii.mdt.server.adapterframework.proxy.Adapter

MessageMonitoring/basicPort_Document" und "sap.com/com.sap.xi.mdt/com.sap.aii.mdt.server.adapterframework.proxy.Adapter

MessageMonitoring/sslPort_Document". Dort sollte bei der Authorisierungsmethode "Logon Ticket" oder "None" eingestellt sein.

-

-

Here is the Translation:

Symptom After calls of the Message monitoring from the Runtime Workbench and selecting of an adapter engine, do not receive you the message "an authorization for Message monitorings for users of XIRWBUSER".

Further terms Message display Tool, MDT A cause and conditions configuration errors

Solution Examine the destinationen "more sap.com/com.sap.xi.mdt/com.sap.aii.mdt.server.adapterframework.proxy.Adapter MessageMonitoring/basicPort_Document "and" more sap.com/com.sap.xi.mdt/com.sap.aii.mdt.server.adapterframework.proxy.Adapter MessageMonitoring/sslPort_Document ". There "Logon should be adjusted ticket" or "None" with the authorizing method.

-

-

We went into our client 000 and noticed XIRWBUSER had the role SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER and SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN.

The XIRWBUSER in client 100 only had SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER. So we added the SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN role. Then we bounced the J2EE engine. At the same time we made those changes based on the OSS note. When we changed the two parameters and save and Test it, we receive an error message for both of those parameters.

But then the adapter engine message monitoring started working. So we're not exactly sure what fixed the issue - the OSS note or the adding of the the SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN role for the XIRWBUSER in client 100.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have encountered the same problem after ugrading to SP16 (from SP14).

My question is:

Where do I find the settings sap.com/com.sap.xi.mdt/com.sap.aii.mdt.server.adapterframework.proxy.Adapter MessageMonitoring/basicPort_Document?

I have looked through Visual Administrator and Exchange profile, but I can't find it. Any tip?

Best Regards,

Elling Skjetlein

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Visual Admin,

Goto Services->Destinations

In the Runtime tab, under Destinations->WebService, you will see the two settings.

Make sure to give the XIRWBUSER the SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN role too.

We're not sure which steps fixed the issue - but it's working now.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

The role does not fix it, I am having the same problem but alredy had the role assigned in 100.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Please do exactly the note 928862 writes. I faced the same error and not it is solved.

Regards,

Nick

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have alook at this similar thread ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I upgraded to SP16 (from SP14) and found that the Visual administrator changed something. First, go to Visual Admin>Server>Services>Destination, and look at the "pmistore" that was created. They added the fields SID, client, and language here. You need to fill these in. I also had to run "RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES". Once these were done I stopped getting the errors...

Now on another note I still am only seeing German???? Every other part of the web interface is English except Message Monitoring. Is there somewhere I need to change that?

Hope that helps someone... and thanks in advance for any help with my language issue.

Thanks,

Paul