cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Contacts, only employee role available to choose from

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to add some contact persons to existing suppliers in order to enable them for bidding via transaction "Manage Business Partner" in SRM 4.0.

In the section to directly create a user account for the new contact, the system only offers the employee role to select. The vendor and bidder role is missing. At the moment I only can change the role assignment in SU01.

Does anyone of you have an idea what's missing / wrong?

Many thanks & kind regards,

Claudia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Contact persons for external partners (Vendors/bidders) are to be created from the web interface.

Menu entry is 'Manage Business Partners' (transaction BBPMAININT) and is included in the following roles :

SAP_BBP_STAL_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_BBP_STAL_PURCHASER

SAP_BBP_STAL_PURCHASE_MANAGER, SAP_BBP_STAL_OPERAT_PURCHASER

SAP_BBP_STAL_STRAT_PURCHASER.

Are you using one of these roles ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

yep, I am using the Web and logged in as an Admin.

In the Manage Businss Partner menu, I select the "Employee for a Business Partner" option. In the last section, I would like to create a user account for the new contact with the role Bidder. All roles the system offers me is only the Employee role.

I am curious, where the roles one can select from, are influenced? Any idea?

Thanks & kind regards,

Claudia

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Did you try to add bidder role in the Org structure (customer / vendor ) ?

Regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

that brought me on the right track - thanks!

We defined User Roles as defaults on Company Level - like the Employee Role. This one was also valid for the Purchasing Org. Assignments on Supplier Level do not have any influence.

In order to have the respective Roles for the Business Partners available, the User Roles need to be assigned to the Purchasing Org in the Org Model. Now I have the Bidder and Vendor Role available.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Answers (0)