cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measurement for materials received and withdrawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Base unit of material is KG whereas sales unit is M2 and conversion is maintained between both. Now I am using sale unit (M2) while entering material componenets. Then I am raising PR, PO, GR in project and withdraw the material in sale unit M2. But system updates the report in KG (under purchasing data tab of component). When I get material report, system shows reqmt qty in M2 but received and withdrawn qty in KG. Its confusing and doesn' serve the reporting purpose. Can we do something so that received and withdrawn qty will appear in M2 (sale unit) rather than KG (base unit)?

Thanks and Regards

Dinesh Chauhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To resolve this issue, you need to maintain the conversion factors. In material master, additional tab, unit of measure tab you need to maintain the conversion factors. Say example I Kg = How much M2. If you maintain this the system will convert automatically all the Kg in to M2, or vice versa you can do. Otherwise you can maintain the conversion factors in the Info Record also for externally procured materials.

Regards,

V. Suresh

Edited by: V.SURESH on Jan 5, 2009 12:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically the MM Standard Reports shows the Base Unit of Measure as base.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suresh,

Everything suggested by you was already done but still system updates GR qty in base unit whereas requirement qty was different and conversion is also maintained in material master.

Regards

Dinesh Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suresh,

conversion was already maintained and order unit is maintained different to base unit. base unit was kg but reqmt unit and order unit was given m2. GR and withdrawn was also done in m2 and report shows all other things in m2 but GR qty in kg which makes the report confusing. If it GR qty can be m2, it will solve all purpose.

Regards

Dinesh Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I think your problem may get resolved by maintaining u201Corder unitu201D and/or u201CUnit of Issueu201D in material master. ( If you donu2019t make any entry in the Order Unit field and Unit of Issue field then system will assume that these values are same as the base unit of measure)

Also you can post your query under ' ERP-Logistics Material Management' forum to get immediate solution.

Regards,

Pragna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pragna,

I've maintained order unit different to base unit and conversion factor is also maintained properly but still system updates GR qty (purchasing tab of component) in base unit only, not in order unit.

Regards

Dinesh Chauhan