Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

folder in cj20n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have one req:

Actually in organisation they want to store scanned files....accounting doc files.in particular project.

Is it possible to create folder in CJ20n....and store all files.

Im thinking it may effect my system performence.

I have seen PS text option also.

Regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should document management options if this is required for all projects

alternatively you can also use the attachment functionality and set up links where the actual document can be stored on your pc or shared drive - downside only people with access to the shared drive can see the attachments

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

u can use DMS functionality where in CV01N we create a SAP Document which is as good as folder with in which u can attach ur files depends on the configuration made in system. Otherwise try using Service for the objects where u dont need to do any config. Open the project select prj def go to system> serrvices for objects > create attachment.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Virendra...........Shrikrishna......Amaresh.

Thanx for all valuable inputs.

I have rewarded point to all.

Regards

Chandra

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra

It's always good to use DMS to maintain document version, changes etc.

How ever, If you are not using DMS, you can still directlt attach files/ documents to projects.

Create document in your system. Then go to CJ20N, here you can see "Project Builder: Project *******" . Before this text, there in one menu(Actually I do not know waht exactly it is called as, that's why giving explanation about it's position). Click on it, "Create -- > create attachment". You can choose the file & it gets attached to the project.

Regards

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear amaresh,

Thanx for reply.

Actually we are already using the DMS.

They want to create one folder in project builder.

Plz clarify if they create folder in cj20n......they will dump all files......i doubt whether system will effect.

I have rewarded points.

Regards

Chandra

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra

I do not think you can have a folder in CJ20N.

But when you have DMS, you directly attach file/pdf/drawing to the respective WBSE/Activity. Then why do you need folder? They can see the documents related to particular activity/WBSE/Activity elemet etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think folder creation is may not be possible. SAP process is to creat Document Info Record (DIR) and attach all the Documents. When u attached all the documents to DIR, attached files are copied to DMS server. Then u can attach this DIR to WBS element.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert....Venkat

Thanx for reply.

I have rewarded points.

Regards