cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use data from standard view in Web dynpro for ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I have to create an Abap Web Dynpro, and I must use data from a standard view in the new one. Does anybody know what do I have to do?

Thank you and have a happy new year.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me understand. Does it mean that I can "share" data of different WDA only by their contexts?

Don't I need to configure any kind of interface?

Does the context data from WD keep in portal, so I can use it in another WDA wich use this context?

Thanks.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Does the context data from WD keep in portal, so I can use it in another WDA wich use this context?

Definetely not. Context data is stored in memory on the ABAP application server and is private to the WD Component unless exposed to other components via the component interface. You have to have a component usage between the two components to share data via the component interface.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, but in this case, I have two WDA, the first one is a custom WDA and the second one is standard. The standard WD has to read and show data from the custom WD. Do you have any example representing this situation?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, do I have to name my context's attributes in the same way like the standard view's attributes?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Here what you need to do is, the node present in the Component Controller of the standard component, need to drag and drop in the Component controller of the Component which you have created.

Later from the Component Controller of your Component, drag and drop in the Context of your view.

So, there is no need to create a node for you at all in your component, you can get the same node from the Standard component.

Thank you,

Regards,

Shashikanth. D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Firstly, list the Standard component under Component Usage of the Component which you are creating in your View.

Second, In the Custom Component, view, goto context, and try to add the node from the Standard component in to your view.

NOTE: The second step requires a Node in component controller of the Standard Component.

Finally, Now in your view, get the data from that and map the data.

NOTE: To do this, I think you need to call your Standard WDA first and then only your node contains data and it will be passed.

I hope it is helpful.

Regards,

Shashikanth. D

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep the information always in the component controller so that it will be useful in moving between the different views.

Thanks,

Rajkumar.S