cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About OnEvent and OnEventComplete in FPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can anyone explain me about OnEvent & OnEventCompleted with example.

onEvent:

This routine is called for every FPM event except for exit events and cancelled selection change events (both defined below). This routine notifies VACs that an event is taking place. If a VAC cannot perform event-specific operations so that the event can be processed correctly, the VAC notifies the onEvent routine, and instructs it to jump to the end of a current FPM event loop (described in detail below). In this case, the next perspective will not be built in response to a framework event. The FPM may issue a warning message to the user at this point.

onEventCompleted:

This routine is called for every FPM event that reaches the onEvent routine. This routine notifies the FPM when and if an event has been processed successfully. If one of the visible VACs in a current perspective was not capable of processing the event correctly, the FPM is notified accordingly.

Thanks

Karthi D.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question you asked is an explanation in it self.

Now further explanation can be let say I have a Next button on click of which the screen changes. For that to happen, on click of the button I have passed an event EVENT_EDIT. When ever a user click on this button a series of method calling will take place (depending on the type of event raised) which will be done by FPM framework.

First of all OnEvent () method will be called which will check what is supposed to be done on that event. And in the end onEventCompleted () method will be called for our example the screen will change only when the onEventCompleted () gets a true Boolean returned by the OnEvent () method.

Answers (0)