cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCC/EAN 128 barcode in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problem with barcode UCC/EAN 128 in smartform. I don't know how to make this barcode.

I tried to make it so :

- make value for barcode

- add FNC1 value (>8) at the begining of barcode value

- use barcode 128 (defined in SE73 - code 128)

It didn't work with other software and barcode readers as UCC/EAN 128.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While creating new system barcode form existing barcode say BC_039, system will ask for crete with new technology or create with old technology, in that case you have to select new technology and specify barcode terminology as EAN128. then specify other parameters like modular height and width as per your requirement.

first define style for smartform and then use this system barcode in character format. Again by using this character format, you can able to print element whatever you want in smartform.

Also before printing this newly developed barcode,please confirm with basis that you use correct printer which is already barcode configured.

Hope this works for you.........

Thanks..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

unanswered

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/javier.perez-ullivarri/blog/2007/12/03/create-barcode-in-abap-conversion-to-pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i tried to make barcode with hint from you (i mean /people/javier.perez-ullivarri/blog/2007/12/03/create-barcode-in-abap-conversion-to-pdf). Did you tried it ? I made it, but this barcode doen't work with my reader

Do you have any other idea ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the same situation where I need to insert the FNC1 character in the barcode.

Please provide me the suggestions.

Thanks,

Sangeetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found only one solution ... use adobe forms. There is component for UCC/EAN barcode. But I have no solution for smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved it.....Use barcode type 128 mode N & >8 for FNC1 character which worked with UCC/EAN 128 scanners. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, I tried your solution, but my barcode reader didn't recognized it

Thanks for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm glad you solved your problem.

But please close your thread. So people can see from the list that the question is answerred

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

till now , I have no solution for my problem (UCC/EAN 128 barcode in smartforms) .. but ok, I close this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, do not close.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Peter,

i saw the text: I solved it

I thought. Dmned, again another who hasn't closed.

I shall try to help you.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

create a new system barcode with transaction SE73

Choose systembarcode

--> create new

--> choose new barcode technology

--> give your barcode a Z name and a description

--> choose code 128

--> choose normal

--> choose 06

A

--> save barcode

Change the style you are using in your smartform

add character format (e.g. BC) with as only parameters the barcode you just created

change smartforms.

Print your barcode by giving it the chracter format you just created in your smartstlyes.

If it don't work let me know.

Gr. Frank Bernsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

it my answer not works you can click your question to not answerred.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help, but in SE73, there is no barcode type - UCC/EAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

EAN-128 / UCC-128 is the same as Code 128, except, EAN 128 defines a set of application identifiers (AI's), and associated rules for defining a code

UCC/EAN-128 uses three different character sets (A, B and C), that facilitates the encoding of the full 128 ASCII character set. It is made up of a leading quiet zone, a Code 128 start character A, B, or C, a FNC 1 character, data (application identifier plus data field), a symbol check character, a stop character, and a trailing quiet zone. The function 1 (FNC 1), which follows the start character, enables scanners and processing software to auto-discriminate between UCC/EAN-128 and other barcode symbologies, and subsequently only process relevant data.

So you can choose Code 128 and add the extra data to the string which should be printed as barcode.

Only 1 thing. I do not know the exact requirements for that string. Maybe you can provide me with that.

Gr., Frank

P.S.: are you really using the extra functionality of UCC/EAN128? If you don't use another one!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click your question to not answerred.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

i tried to make barcode as EAN 128 with FNC1 char (I have found 3 possibilities on internet for this character), but it didn't work with customer reader and application. Can you tell me, how can I make this FNC1 char ?

Now, we're testing adobe form with UCC/EAN code .. so I'm waiting for result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I searched the forum for FNC1. I found only 1 other thread. In the thread was also somebody who wanted to know how to do with the FNC1. He has found a solution for it. Maybe you can contact him?

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used >;>8 for the FNC1 character & in b/w as need I used >8. With this modifications, it worked fine with the UCC/EAN 128 barcode.

Check the below note:

A SSCC label is printed with a EAN128 barcode and the "New Barcode Technology for Smart Forms" (see note 645158). The barcode string contains not only digits but also characters. How can automatic switching between Code128 character sets B and C be implemented for the barcode label?

Other terms

Barcode, EAN128, Code128

Reason and Prerequisites

The Code128 barcode mode N used for the SSCC barcode in the SSCC labels requires the application program to switch between Code128 charset B and C via invocation codes. But this switching is not available in the LO-HU customizing.

Solution

Before the barcode is output in the Smart Form, create a program node in the Smart Form where you add ABAP code which will scan the barcode string and insert ">6" when a switch from charset C to B is required and ">5" when a switch from B to C is required. This way a barcode is created which is narrow (because charset C is used when possible) and also EAN128-compliant.

The ABAP code must take as input the barcode string from the application. This barcode string must not contain

- FNC1 (>8) at the start (the ABAP code adds this first FNC1)

- any invocation codes other than FNC1 in the middle as field delimiter

Example:

Input string is:

02093107040426973760>8400S95125123

Output string is:

>;>802093107040426973760>840>60S>595125123

The sample ABAP code for the charset switching is attached to this note. It needs to be adapted with the correct input and output field from your Smart Form.

The ABAP code attached with the note is

data infield(80).

data outfield(80).

data mode type c.

data ofs type i.

data len type i. data restlen type i.

data c2(2) type c.

data c4(4) type c.

data 2digits type c.

data 4digits type c.

infield = xxxx. "<<<< replace xxxx with your input field that has the barcode string

• determine initial mode

len = strlen( infield ).

ofs = 0.

restlen = len - ofs.

mode = 'B'.

if restlen > 3.

clear 4digits.

if infield(4) co '1234567890'.

4digits = 'X'.

endif.

if 4digits = 'X'.

mode = 'C'.

else.

mode = 'B'.

endif.

endif.

case mode.

when 'C'.

outfield = '>;>8'. "START C+FNC1

when 'B'.

outfield = '>6>8'. "START B+FNC1

endcase.

len = strlen( infield ).

while ofs < len.

restlen = len - ofs.

• do we have an FNC1 ? copy it.

if restlen > 1.

c2 = infield+ofs(2).

if c2(1) = '>'.

concatenate outfield c2 into outfield.

add 2 to ofs.

endif.

endif.

restlen = len - ofs.

case mode.

when 'C'.

• do we have 2 following digits?

clear 2digits.

if restlen > 1.

c2 = infield+ofs(2).

if c2 co '0123456789'.

2digits = 'X'.

endif.

endif.

if 2digits = 'X'.

concatenate outfield c2 into outfield.

add 2 to ofs.

else.

concatenate outfield '>6' into outfield.

mode = 'B'.

endif.

when 'B'.

• do we have 4 following digits?

clear 4digits.

if restlen > 3.

c4 = infield+ofs(4).

if c4 co '0123456789'.

4digits = 'X'.

endif.

endif.

if 4digits = 'X'.

concatenate outfield '>5' c4 into outfield.

add 4 to ofs.

mode = 'C'.

else.

if infield+ofs(1) = '>' and restlen > 1. "do not copy

else.

concatenate outfield infield+ofs(1) into outfield.

add 1 to ofs.

endif.

endif.

endcase.

endwhile.

yyyy = outfield. ""<<<< replace yyyy with your output field that will print the barcode

Thanks,

Sangeetha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Define Bar Code using tcode SE73 ( Printer Bar Codes).

2. Use Bar Code Character Format in a Style and define the Bar Code created in step 1.

3. Use the Character Format in a text node from the above style, that has variable to be represented as a bar code.

Edited by: SBX on Jan 3, 2009 4:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can tou tell me, how can I defince UCC/EAN 128 barcode ?