Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier being able to log on to enter in a Quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

New Year greetings.

Does SRM provide any roles that are not linked with SUS that allow Suppliers to remotley log into SRM and enter in Quotations, the the system then able to convert these Quotes into Carts or PO's once approved? We are on SRM 5.0 with extended classic setup and have a requirement to bring this enhancement into the SRM.

Please can you explain what functionality is available to support this process, without SUS. We have enterprise portal up and running and have suppliers using the portal to log into our other sap applications.

Thank you.

Stevie.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I have known this is a standard functionality (available in SRM 5.0), you can use the role SAP_EC_BBP_BIDDER, using this the vendor users can login to SRM and submit the quotation and it does not need SUS.

But you have to use the ITS service BPVENDOR for these suppliers (i.e. the internal users will be using BBPSTART and for vendors it is BBPVENDOR).

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

In SRM 5.0 standard functionality, does the quotation process trigger the creation of the Cart and then PO or does the Cart trigger the quotation process?

Thanks. Steve,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

From the quotation (accepted bid) you can generate a PO or a Local Contract.

The SC's which do not have a source can be used to create a Bid Invitations that inturn will lead to quotations and so on.

In simple here is the flow

-> Shopping Cart ( with no Source of supply) -> In Sourcing Cockpit Converted to Bid Invitations ->

Then Bidders submit Quotations -> Best Quotation is accepted -> PO or Contract is generated.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

I have undertaken the role assignment with SAP_EC_BBP_BIDDER but when I log into the system as Bidder Vendor, under Process Bid, I can see some icons & legends along the lines of, Display Bid Create Bid Display Auction Change Bid Delete Bid etc, but have no ability to use these, e.g.

Does the system allow a bid to be entered without reference to a Cart with the flow of:

1. Bid entered by Vendor

2. Bid send for approval to SRM approvers

3. Bid auto converted into PO once approved.

From what you have described below, it looks like a Cart must be entered with ref to a cart.

Thanks,Steven.