cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDSN in a non retail R/3 Enterprise. How to?

paulo_sousa3
Explorer
0 Kudos

In my company We need to start working with GDSN to publish our products in the GS1 catalog.

We are using R/3 4.7 enterprise (we plan to upgrade to ECC60 in the next months).

After some hours browsing the existing documentation I have no idea about where begining from,

and what software components and releases I shall use: Do I need MDM? 5.5 or 7.1?

Do I need the GDS console? Shall I use GDS ES Bundle? Do I have to use XI (now PI)?

Can someone give me an updated roadmap of the GDS implementation with the current updated

software components?

My R/3 Enterprise 4.70 is not a "Retail" system (and I think that I can't change it, as we use

features like MRP that won't allow me to change it). Can SAP GDS support be configured in a

non-retail system? In the connectivty kit for GDS implementation guide, it seems that this

only works with SAP ECC for SAP Retail. If so, do I have another option to use GDS?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

felix_loecher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Paulo,

great that you have an interest in SAPs GDS solution. In order to answer your questions, it is necessary to have a little bit more input regarding your company. Are you representing a retail or consumer products company.

If possible contact me via email (see my business card)

Kind regards

Felix Loecher

shailaja_karne
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I too would like to know if GDSN can be used in non retail SAP environment? We are on ECC 6.0 and are wholesale distributor of medical supplies.

Answers (0)