cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Cluster Administrator Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team.

It's been a while since I worked on a clustered SAP installation. We have a windows clustered 4.6C system running Oracle 9. On the cluster admin, I have 3 options - Cluster Group, Oracle<SID> and SAP-R/3.

I will need to bring down both SAP and Oracle this weekend for a server restart. Currently, my Oracle DB runs on the "01" server and SAP runs on the "02" server.

If my objective is to stop both SAP and Oracle, would you please confirm the following for me?

If I wanted to just shutdown SAP, I'd highlight the 'SAP-R/3' node and click "Take Offline"

If I wanted to shutdown Oracle, I'd highlight the 'OraclePM1' node and click "Take Offline"

If I wanted to shutdown SAP and Oracle, I'd highlight the "Cluster Group' node and click "Take Offline"

Is this correct please? If not, where is my misunderstanding?

I've also been searching for some Cluster Administratr documenation - does anyone know where this is please?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>If I wanted to just shutdown SAP, I'd highlight the 'SAP-R/3' node and click "Take Offline"

YES

>If I wanted to shutdown Oracle, I'd highlight the 'OraclePM1' node and click "Take Offline"

YES

>If I wanted to shutdown SAP and Oracle, I'd highlight the "Cluster Group' node and click "Take Offline"

NO, NO !

If you stop the cluster group, you destroy your cluster !!!*

If you want to shutdown SAP and Oracle, you take offline, first the 'SAP-R/3' and then the 'OraclePM1'.

It's true that it seems a while since you worked on a clustered SAP system !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver,

Well, at least I was smart enough to ask! (hahaha)

Thank you for the clarification sir! Greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Tim

Answers (0)