cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Section Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Happy New Year Everyone,

Can anyone help me understand what will happen if we activate "Storage Section Check Active" in storage type configuration. To my understanding the Storage section indicator in Material master takes care of storage section search. In that case, what is the significance of "Storage Section Check Active" in storage type configuration. Please explain by an example.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Within a storage type, a storage section is a series of storage bins with the same features. These bins are used for the purpose of stock placements. You can group storage bins with the same characteristics into one storage section.

The criteria for this grouping can include, for example, section for heavy materials or section for bulky materials.

• When you create a storage bin, you must enter a storage section.

• If you are using storage types without sections, you must define at least one storage section (for example, 001) per storage type. The storage section in this case is identical to the storage type.

You can also define the section indicator and use them at the warehouse management 1 view in the material master data to enhance the strategies of searching storage bin.

Good luck

Tao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

simply storage section means differentiating the materials based on the movement.

I mean, some of the materials may have fast movement, where as other materials may not have frequent movement.

So, we define the fastmoving materials as one section, for example A+, for average movment materials A, and slow movement materials as B.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP document the significance of "Storage Section Check Active" in storage type configuration is to include the storage section active for the stock placement.I believe if we won't tick this we can not do putaway in different sections of the storage type.

I do not remember whether I checked this scenario. Please check by creating sections in storage type & not activating this check.

Regards,

Prashant