cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

last license check > 4 weeks and evaluation license key timed out

markushagl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Due to holidays and other projetcs I've used my SAP NetWeaver Sneak Preview ABAP last time in October '08, my evaluation license kex ended 12-29-08.

Today I've tried as usual to install the today requested new eval lic key.

But I'm not able to install the new license key because of different errors, for example error code 113.

And because of so long not unsing my DEMOSYSTEM there's no possibility to use a temporary license to delete the old invalid license.

So my system is now in a helpless mode with no valid key.

Does anyone have a clue how to solve this problem without reinstalling?

Best wishes for New Year

Mark

Edited by: Markus Hagl on Jan 2, 2009 1:50 PM: deleted typing errors

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Try setting your system date back to November, then start the system, ltry to og on, if you can, then apply the new license, log off, stop the system, change your system date back to present, then start the system again. This used to work on older releases, not sure if this still works or not.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

markushagl
Explorer
0 Kudos

at first sight it sounded as a good idea - but my problem is accompanied by the fact, that I'm using my NSP in a VM and so I'm in a bit of trouble by changing system date.

Some processes request an accurate sys time and date.

Unfortunately I would have to repeat this procedure more than 2 times since last login I found out beause my last login is more than 8 weeks ago before 12-29-08...

I'm sure there must be a solution that keeps me from reinstalling ans allows me to change to a new lic.

Best regards

Mark

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You may be able to use the command prompt method.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Also, try logging on using the SAP* user.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

markushagl
Explorer
0 Kudos

this won't work : result is EC 113...

markushagl
Explorer
0 Kudos

this solution can't help me because I have no file named saplicense.exe. It's only a NSP DEMOSYSTEM therefore this file doesn't exist.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In my system, the saplicense.exe can be found under....

C:\SAP\NSP\SYS\exe\run\saplicense.exe

Regards,

Rich Heilman

markushagl
Explorer
0 Kudos

There must be a slight difference between your system and mine.

I did a search through all partitions for any file named saplicense.exe bot no such file was found.

In this directory named by you I can find a lot of files of exe type, but none like saplicense.exe.

Have a nice weekend - I'm back on wednesday.

Mark

Answers (0)