Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load spec_syst.xla / Wizard_Indexsheet.xla in Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I wish you all a happy new year 2009.

I am in a need to implement specification system to transfer data from SAP to Excel and vice-versa. But if i want to do that i need to enable the following Add-ins in Excel.

spec_syst.xla / Wizard_Indexsheet.xla

The problem which i am facing is i am not able to locate the same in the path provided in help: Select Tools ® Add-In-Manager and activate the check-box Available Add-Ins in the list next to the Add-In you want to load. When the Add-In you want is not in the field Avialable Add-Ins click on Browse and look for the Add-In.

Please guide me where to locate the above said services in excel. I will give points to useful answers.

Thanks & Regards

Suresh. J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Did your problem get resolved ? I am sure it would have.

Please update.

Regards,

RKM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Some more pointers

The Solver Add-in is an Excel add-in (add-in: A supplemental program that adds custom commands or custom features to Microsoft Office.) program that is available when you install Microsoft Office or Excel. To use it in Excel, however, you need to load it first.

On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.

In the Add-Ins available box, select the check box next to Solver Add-in, and then click OK.

Tip If Solver Add-in is not listed, click Browse to locate it.

If you see a message that tells you the Solver Add-in is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.

Click Tools on the menu bar. When you load the Solver Add-in, the Solver command is added to the Tools menu.

The problem now is that I am not able to locate this add in (spec_syst.xla / Wizard_Indexsheet.xla

)my system.

I think I will need to search it.I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

RKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Please find the installation steps:

-

1. Create a new folder and extract all the files into the folder. Example: "spec_syst.xla /wizard_Indexsheet.xla "

2. Start Excel

3. In Excel, click the 'Tools -> Add-Ins...' menu item

4. From the Add-Ins dialog box click 'Browse' and select the 'ExTools.xla' add-in (it will be in the folder where you have extracted the Extools files)

Now the Extools add-in will be available everytime you start Excel.

-

Also, you can search for already present "Add In" in your system by searching *.xla in the Start Menu.

Please let me know if you have the Add In with you or do you need to locate it ? I couldnt locate it so far.

Thanks,

RKM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I could find some pointers for Add In to start with. I have not done this before but I think this should be helpful.

I am still exploring. Will update this thread with more soon.

Where to get add-ins A set of add-ins is available when you install Excel, and more add-ins are available from the Microsoft Office Web site.

Installing add-ins on your computer Before you can use an add-in, you must first install it on your computer and then load it into Excel. Add-ins (*.xla files) are installed by default in one of the following places:

The Library folder or one of its subfolders in the Microsoft Office/Office folder.

The Documents and Settings/<user name>/Application Data/Microsoft/AddIns folder.

The administrator for your company's network can designate other locations for add-in programs. See your administrator for more information.

Loading add-ins into Excel After installing an add-in, you must load it into Excel. Loading an add-in makes the feature available in Excel and adds any associated commands to the appropriate menus.

Thanks,

RKM