Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_BIDEC_CREATE from CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SRM release 4.0.

I am trying to create a Bid in SRM via CRM. I am trying to test the following BAPI (BAPI_BIDEC_CREATE) and am getting a few strange errors. The FM documentation is not too helpful. Has anyone run this BAPI in CRM and can you send me the least amount of data required to create the Bid in SRM please? I am obviously not filling in the required data.

These are my errors:

A BBP_PD 002 Interface data contains errors

A BBP_PD 002 Interface data contains errors

A BBP_PD 059 Number range does not exist

A BBP_PD 067 Transaction type does not exist. Check entries

A BBP_PD 550 Incorrect interface data for set PDTAX in method C

E BBP_PD 429 Enter at least one partner of type Bidder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Walters,

Are you trying to create a Quote from CRM ?

If yes, BAPI_BIDEC_CREATE is used to create a Bid Invitation and not a Quote. You should use BAPI_QUOTEC_CREATE instead.

If not, this is the correct FM.

You should debug it in SE37, simulating data sent by CRM, to check why your data is incorrect.

Rgds

Christophe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using the BAPI_BIDEC_CREATE to create the Bid Invitation, there is no Item Number field in the structure BAPI_TEXT_I for Long text. How do you insert different long text for multiple items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I am running this BAPI in SRM not CRM. It seems I have it down to two issues.

E BBP_PD 429 Enter at least one partner of type Bidder

A BBP_PD 007 No data found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Walters,

You did not reply to my previous question: are you trying to create a Bid Invitation (RFQ) or a supplier Bid (QUOTE) ?

Anyhow, the message is clear: to create a Bid Invitation, you need to enter at least a bidder (a supplier Business Partner GUID with partner function Bidder 00000018), and the vendor contact (user business partner GUID with partner function contact 00000017).

To create a supplier Bid, you need to enter the contact partner and its partner function, so the system knows from which vendor comes the bid.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Walters,

You did not reply to my previous question: are you trying to create a Bid Invitation (RFQ) or a supplier Bid (QUOTE) ?

Anyhow, the message is clear: to create a Bid Invitation, you need to enter at least a bidder (a supplier Business Partner GUID with partner function Bidder 00000018), and the vendor contact (user business partner GUID with partner function contact 00000017).

To create a supplier Bid, you need to enter the contact partner and its partner function, so the system knows from which vendor comes the bid.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems I have it working now. I am creating a BID in SRM. (Supplier Bid).

Thanks for your help Christophe.

Regards,

Renier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I thought it was working! My scenario has become a bit more complicated. I am creating a Bid Invitation based on the manufacturer. I am doing this from a Sales Quote in CRM, via an action (at header level).

Basically I have filled the Header, Item and Parent GUIDS. All seems fine with the first Bid create, then I loop again and call the same BAPI_BIDEC_CREATE bapi with different items but same header info. This causes a short dump with an uncaught exception (typically it does not like the same BUSINESS_TYPE value). If on the second Bid I change the BUSINESS_TYPE field to a new GUID it seems to work although no items get created in SRM because there is no link to the item. If I add the new GUID to the item PARENT field it still dumps. My questions is:

Can one call this BAPI several times within the same session and if so how is the Header/Item data structures suppose to be linked and to what GUID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

You are again talking about creating Bid Invitation !!

You replied in the past that you are trying to create a supplier Bid, then you missed my reply:

- use BAPI_BIDEC_CREATE to create an SRM Bid Invitation (Purchaser RFQ). THIS IS NOT CREATING A BID BUT A BID INVITATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- use BAPI_QUOTEC_CREATE to create an SRM Bid (supplier quote).

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I got it working....I am creating a Bid Invitation. I am now doing it from ECC to SRM....and have managed to exclude GUID's for item and header data. Grabbing product GUID in SRM at the time of create. Seems to be working. Thanks.