cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in accounting document generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have cancelled one billing document but the accounting document for the cancellation document has not been generated. I tried to release it to accounting manually but system is throwing an error message which says 'Incorrect doc.no.: 20012087. Select document number between 0000000001 and 0019999999'.

Can you pleae help me out??????

Thanks & regards,

Rupam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rupam,

This is due to number range inconsistency between your cancled invoice number range and account document number range.

As per the standard accounting document will have same number as invoice.

By checking External Check box in the accounting document number range maintanence in FBN1 transaction system will generate the same number for the invoice as well as accounting document.

In your case the external check box activated but you have maintained different number range for canceled invice type and accounting document so system is giving error.

Options to overcome this

Option 1:- If you want same number for invoice and accounting document then Maintain the same number range for your invoice type and accounting document type

Option 2:- If you don't need same number for invoice and accounting document then You can remove the external check for the accounting document number range in FBN1 transaction.

Go to OBA7 transaction to check the number range assignemnt for the account document by selecting accounting document type then go in to the detail screen.

Note:-Before going to change the number range for either billing document or accounting document you better to consult consern person and FI people also.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to VN01 and see the number range which you system is saying.

If that number range does not exist then create that number range and save it.

Now go to VOFA and select your billing document for cancelation.

Over there give that number range number in No. range int. assgt. And save it.

Now create your billing document it will be created.

Regards

Raj.

Edited by: Raj Aryan Malhotra on Jan 5, 2009 1:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly give number in between the range

Ok give 11012087

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main problem here is the paricular document number '20012087' has been generated by the system only, manually we cannot give the document no.

Thanks & regards,

Rupam

Edited by: RUPAM KR SEN on Jan 2, 2009 1:01 PM

Edited by: RUPAM KR SEN on Jan 2, 2009 1:02 PM

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rupam

I feel that number range is enchanced through ABAP'ers. If the number range maintained interanally and is standrard then kindly check the following

Check the number range maintained for the document in OBA7 ,for the RV document type .

Check the number range assigned to the billing document type in VOPA

Say if the number range in the FBN1 is 01 then check the number range reached , If the number range is over then assign a new range in FBN1 for your company

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have checked the number range assignment in 'FBN1' and 'OBA7' transactions respectively. Can you please tell me how can I check the number range that has been assigned for the cancellation sales document??? As per your suggetion both of this number ranges should be similar.

Thanks & regards,

Rupam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your assistance. I have checked the no ranges in both of the transactions (FBN1*, VOFA),* in both of the places the no ranges are same, there is no mismatch. I have cancelled another credit note for which there was absolutely no problem at all.I think the problem came temporarily for a particular document.For the time being the problem is solved but still I had doubt in my mind that why that problem occured for a paricular document, for which I dont have any clue.If you guys find any clue please tell me about it.

Any ways thanks to all of you again for your valued suggetions.

Thanks & regards,

Rupam.

Edited by: RUPAM KR SEN on Jan 5, 2009 12:24 PM

Edited by: RUPAM KR SEN on Jan 5, 2009 12:24 PM

Edited by: RUPAM KR SEN on Jan 5, 2009 12:25 PM

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupam

The If you have cancelled the sales document then go to VN01 and check wheather it is getting updated or not

say for example you have assigned internal number range as 01-> 10000-20000 .Now if the last sales document is 10068 then once you cancel the sales document go and see in VN01 wheather the sales document is updated to 10069 or not

Regards

Srinath

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupam

The If you have cancelled the sales document then go to VN01 and check wheather it is getting updated or not

say for example you have assigned internal number range as 01-> 10000-20000 .Now if the last sales document is 10068 then once you cancel the sales document go and see in VN01 wheather the sales document is updated to 10069 or not

Regards

Srinath