cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output processing - condition technique only or any other method?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While working on the ECC 6.0 system, we are faced with an issue, wherein we would like to do output determination based on a particular customer group , say SP or SH.

Is it possible for the output determination to be done in any other way on SAP SD other than the condition technique?

And also, we have an option for entering the output determination procedure in the customer account group config? Could anyone please help me with the functionality of this particular field?

Cheers,

MR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear MR,

As per the standard Out put determination will takes place through condition technique only there is no other way in the Sales and Distribution for Output processing.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Apart from condition technique, output determination is possible at account group level too. You can check the same at account group configuration and the output screen at customer master

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to trigger the output type using the Customer master itself, using account group functionality.

Account group will be linked to a procedure which will have output types. The output type records will be maintained in the customer master record. If this is done, whenever a sales order is created for the customer, the output type will be triggered. Please explore your customer master data, you should be able to see the output records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha / Murali,

Thank you for your immediate reply. I too had the notion that only the condition tech. could be used... but in case, i set up a output det. proced. in the customer a/c grp config...do i set up the condition records thru VV11??

The issue is that we also want to send the output automatically thru email to the email id provided in the cust. master....

if we are goin to do that, would we need to set up the print program and all other functionality in the condition technique?

or could we just use the output det. proce. on the customer and create the necessary records?

Coz, as per my knowledge, we require a form and a print program right?

Would appreciate your help in this.

Regards,

MR

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you want to send an email , smartform, output configuration, program are all similar to the condition techinque output types.

However the condition records are not maintained in VV11 but are maintained in the customer master itself. In customer master, in sales area data, if you see in the menu, there is an icon for output screen. In this output screen, we need to maintain the condition records. As I have seen this screen long back(3years back) I dont remember this screen exactly. But this is the screen to maintain the condition records for the customer based output types.

Murali can update if I m not correct somewhere