cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic results cannot be recorded for inspection lot .

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009.

While result recording in QA32, system gave following error.

Please help.

Characteristic results cannot be recorded for inspection lot 150000000050

Message no. QE181

Diagnosis

You cannot record any characteristic results for this inspection lot. The material master has been set up for the existing inspection type in such a way that results recording is not supported.

Procedure

Confirm defects for this inspection lot or select another inspection lot in which you can confirm the characteristic results.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor

Hello,

Try this also

1) Go to QA02

2) Menu > INspection lot > Reset Sample

3) Enter & Save

4) QA02

5) Inspection specification > Assign task list by click on Task/ specification

6) Go to Sample, do the SAmple calculation

7) Save

😎 Check whehter lot status is Rel

Feedback

Regards

gajesh

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

In QP02 - Inspection point is 200, maintain sampling procedure in plan, tick sampling procedure in control indicator of MIC, sample management tick in sampling procedure even I same error occur. Where do I wrong. Please help.

Can you please tell me how to assign sampling procedure to MIC.

Edited by: Raja S on Jan 2, 2009 12:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Gajesh,

>

>

> In QP02 - Inspection point is 200, maintain sampling procedure in plan, tick sampling procedure in control indicator of MIC, sample management tick in sampling procedure even I same error occur. Where do I wrong. Please help.

>

> Can you please tell me how to assign sampling procedure to MIC.

>

> Edited by: Raja S on Jan 2, 2009 12:16 PM

You are going perfectly correct here.

- QP02

- Reach up to Characteristic Over view screen.

- Select the MIC

- Click on the control indicator.

- Activate Sampling Procedure.

- Press Enter, it will show you the Page:-2 of control indicator. Press Enter Again.

- Now it will ask you for the sampling procedure. And if dont asks then click on the "Sample", it's just besides the "Control indicator" one.

- Assign the sampling procedure and Save.

Regards,

Shyamal

S

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jan 2, 2009 4:52 PM

Hey Raja,

Inspection plan assignment and sample calculation are two different procedures in QA02.

Pls let me know whether you are able to correctly assign the Inspection plan to the lot. It will shoe the attached Group and counter number there. Is it displayed? If yes then only try to calculate the sample, else it's worthless.

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks.

Actually I was wrong that I was not properly assign sampling procedure to MIC. Same I have done as per your instruction. Now my problem has solved. Thanks again.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

have you prepared inspection plan for that material.

if yes what was the task list usage you have maintained in that inspection plan

for inspection type 15 Task list usage should be 9

please check and revert back.

thanks

Vinay

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Task list usage is 9.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Also make sure that Sampling procedure has Free inspection point selected while creation

Let us know your feedback

Regards

gajesh

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh & Vinay,

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Gajesh is absolutely correct.

If your inspection lot status is CRTD then you need to proceed the reply from Gajesh. That will prevent this kind of error for all the future lots.

But to clear this particular lot, you need to go to trx QA02.

Enter the inspection lot number.

Click on the "Insp. Specification" tab and click on the "Task list / Specification assignment" button.

Then go to Sample screen

Perform Sample Calculation.

Save

You lot status will change from CRTD to REL.

Then and then only you can record the result for the lot.

Regards,

Shyamal

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

While sample calculation in QA02, sample tab system gave following error.

No sampling procedure found for sample determination

Message no. QD256

Diagnosis

In sample or test equipment management, the system has to find a sampling procedure for every inspection characteristic. This can either be specified for the inspection characteristic in the inspection plan or in Customizing as a default value.

In this case, no sampling procedure has been specified either in the inspection plan or Customizing.

System Response

As a result, the sample determination could not be executed for the inspection lot.

Procedure

Assign a sampling procedure to every inspection characteristic in the inspection plan, or

Define default sampling procedures in Customizing for sample management and test equipment management.

Create the inspection lot again, or carry out the sample determination using the "Change inspection lot" transaction for the incomplete inspection lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Go to change view of your inspection plan.

Check in Header Data, if the inspection point is representing physical Samples (STD SAP 200) then, you have to attach sampling procedure to each MIC you have maintained in the Inspection plan.

So activate the control indicator for "Sampling procedure" for each MIC line item of inspection plan, save the plant and come back to QA02 and perform the steps as per my previous reply.

Regards,

Shyamal

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks for ur response,

I have activated the control indicator for "Sampling procedure" for each MIC line item of inspection plan, save the plan. Sampling procedure have free inspection point. Even same error occur. please help. where I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

All of first let me know what is the inspection point you have at header level of Inspection plan QP02.

If there is 200 - Physical sample. It it is such so there, then only it will through this error. And if your sampling procedure will have free inspection point then you will not allowed to assign it to the inspection plan having inspection points 200 at it's header.

So if the sampling procedure is having free inspection points then Inspection plan also must have free inspection points.

- Make the common inspection points for both sampling procedure and inspection plan header. (Let us make it 100 - freely define inspection point)

- Go to QA02, assign the task list again. and then jump to Sample screen and calculate the samples.

Now it will make the lot status REL. make sure about it because if this status is not changes from CRTD to REL after you save the lot. then it will have some thing missing.

Reagrds,

Shyamal

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please check for the following

Your lot might be in CRTD CHCR status

1) Check Whether inspection plan is created for this lot

2) Multiple plans for the same usage is available in the inspecion plan

3) MM02> inspection setup > inspection type > following ticks are available

1) Insp. by task list

2) Automatic assignment

3) Check Char

Please go to QA02, Inspection specification >click on Task/Specification Tab . Check wether inspecion plan has been attached

Please let me know your feedbacks

Regards

gajesh

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Inspection lot status is CRTD PASG. Lot origin is 15.

MM02> inspection setup > inspection type > following ticks are available

1) Insp. by task list

2) Automatic assignment

3) Check Char

Inspection plan is created for lot.

waiting for ur reply.