cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to use webdynpro for developing reports instead of ABAP Editor in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frends,

I am new to Webdynpro ABAP. I just wanted to know when we should used webdnpro ABAP for developing reports, instead of using ABAP Editor in R/3. If you can give me the details it will be helpful.

Thanks,

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneetha,

There no condition specified that When we should use the webdynpro abap alv's and normal alv .

Webdynrpo abap reports are webapplications which run through browser . Where as teh normal ALvs are standalone.Depending on the requirements of the client we go for it .

Regards,

Sana.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi navnetha,

As mishbah told you , that there is no hard and fast rule for reporting throught webdynpro.It all depends on client requirement .Now if you want to develope alll the reports by using webdynpro without your clients request , then you need to explain the advantages of webdynpro reporting above abap reporting.

for e.g. Webdynpro reports can run on browser, They can be posted on portal, Easy handling and maintenance and reusability.

Other than this i guess if you can show some business profit to the client, then i think every client would like to go for webdynpro reporting.

regards

PG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply friends.n can ny one of you can share a realtime scenario with me. so that i can work on that. It will be very helpful also.

Thanks,

Regards.

former_member226203
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Webdynpro allows you to create applications with lot of different UI elements. UI development is faster.Coding will be less.WDA allows to create web based applications.The components in the WDA can be reused.They can be linked with Portal and they run through browser.

Edited by: Kalyan Chakravarthi on Jan 2, 2009 10:30 AM