Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect ABAP Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I see that some of my Users is able to Edit my ABAP Program in my Development server.

How I protect my ABAP Program.So that these Program open in only display mode.No body can chage ABAP Program.

Thanks

Manu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MAnu-

If your target users are developers whom you want to restrict from editing/changing any program rather display only, yes do a check on S_DEVELOP authorization object as suggested above and assign that to users.

I suspect the user out of the box must have access to developer key which is generally provided by basis guy. Per my understanding, a user needs change access to SE38 and or SE80 along with developer key access to change/edit any abap program. Seize change access to SE38/SE80 and Developer key access from user. They wont be able to.

Hope, it makes some sense.

Cheers!

Ashok

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can restrict the access for object S_DEVELOP in the roles of these users.

Activity: 03 (Display)

Development class for Transpor: ' '

Object name: Your ABAP prgram name

Object type: PROG

Authorization group ABAP/4 pro: Authorization group of your ABAP Program.

Ensure that they do not have * values for another instance of this object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MAnu-

If your target users are developers whom you want to restrict from editing/changing any program rather display only, yes do a check on S_DEVELOP authorization object as suggested above and assign that to users.

I suspect the user out of the box must have access to developer key which is generally provided by basis guy. Per my understanding, a user needs change access to SE38 and or SE80 along with developer key access to change/edit any abap program. Seize change access to SE38/SE80 and Developer key access from user. They wont be able to.

Hope, it makes some sense.

Cheers!

Ashok

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

I have check that in my role S_DEVELOP is given following authorazation.

01 Create or generate

*02 Change

*03 Display

06 Delete

07 Activate, generate

16 Execute

40 Create in DB

41 Delete in DB

42 Convert to DB

70 Administer

90 Copy

94 Override

L0 All functions

MA Deactivate mod.assistant

i.e 01,02 ,03,06.

How I can block 01,02,and 06. only 03 for display.

thanks

manu

0 Kudos

> How I can block 01,02,and 06. only 03 for display.

By only giving them actvt '03' for the object types of the packages you want them to have access to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recommend using the "Development class" field (now known as "Package") and make sure that your programs you want to protect are assigned to your package(s).

You can then control authorized at the package level. This is to my knowledge also the field intended for organizing development work.

It is easier to use a naming convention for packages, than what it is for each individual object name - because some have prefixes and others are generated bepending on the object type, so you will need many instances of the S_DEVELOP authority to get that right.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can simply check the 'Editor lock' on the Attributes screen in the ABAP editor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

u can create lock ....