cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP J2EE engine MaxThreadCount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the SAP J2ee Engine, under the ApplicationThreadManager we have the setting for MaxThreadCount.

To Increase the performance of our file based scenarios we are planning to change the value of 150 to 350. We use PI 7.0 SP13

1.Are there any risks or Side effects which can be forseen, in case such a setting needs to be made.

2. Are there any specific Hardware Constraints which would be required

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks in adavance,

Best regards

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the SAP J2ee Engine, under the ApplicationThreadManager we have the setting for MaxThreadCount.

To Increase the performance of our file based scenarios we are planning to change the value of 150 to 350. We use PI 7.0 SP13

1.Are there any risks or Side effects which can be forseen, in case such a setting needs to be made.

2. Are there any specific Hardware Constraints which would be required

We have a MaxHeapSize of 2048, would this setting be fine with the Thread Count of 350

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks in adavance,

Best regards

Abhishek

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this discussion which says thread count should be set to 350 after installation.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Max of Application ThreadCount possible is 400 and but that depends upon the max memory that you will be using.

Generally it can be fine with 350 for the given MaxHeapSize of 2048MB. To be on safer side I would suggest to go for higher end memory ie 3-4GB or more.

also make sure that you have enough compatible processor also.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for your response.

What kind of system Comaptiblity are we looking at. Is it related to the RAM or the operating system itself.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could look for normal configuration of XI server. As well as the RAM usage depends upon wither 32bit or 64 bit processor and OS. i would suggest you to go more max range of physical memory i.e. RAM.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks again for your reply. I would the OS configuration.

Just another point,

What issues are anticiapted in case the max heap size does not correctly match, the max thread count.

Would Channel instances be down, under high message load?

We would also like to check whether we can configure Thread counts for each specific adapter.

Is there is document available regarding the same.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Heap size and the max thread counts you will be using should be in co-relation (ie.e for maximum threads the more heap size required. Additional extra heap size will be on safer side) else it will definatly overload while processing too many threads at a time on server. This may result in sudden break-down or stopage. In Production environment it would involve risk and lead to re-start the J2Ee engine.

Well for me I will prefer to look into SAP help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2d/e312403dbedd5fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/2d/12243ee9399a0be10000000a114084/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/29/84343e8c7f6329e10000000a114084/content.htm

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jan 2, 2009 9:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks For your Pointers, this did help us.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (0)