cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work process restarting; Error count increasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my production environment, i am observing that the error count of the work process is increasing automatically. I mean, as of my knowledge if we kill any workprocess it will count as error count 1.

( when you are killing second time, it will show as error count 2........ and so on)

This is happening only for applicaiton servers. Central instance is fine.

Currently all work process trace files are filled up with the following error,

ERROR => EmActiveData: Invalid Context Handle -1

this i am facing after updating the kernel patch 247 ( updated from 221 to 247)

I had checked the note 1239685 also.In this note they mentioned that we can update the latest patch 252

But currently 252 patch is not available.

Win2k3 Server, SQL 2000, 4.7E.

Please suggest me to resolve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Gayatry.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

work process are restarting because of poor network performance.

marcelo_sehnem
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gayatry,

I believe the work process are restarting becuase their trace files are reaching their size limit, isn't it?

And what is filling the WPs trace is this message

ERROR => EmActiveData: Invalid Context Handle -1

Now, if you don't face this issue in your CI, most probably because there the size limit is bigger.

To update your kernel up to patch level 252, you just need to download the latest disp+work package in Marketplace.

Regards,

Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please update the bit info, unicode or non unicode and OS type X86or IA64

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

My system details are as follows,

Windows 2003 Server -- 32 Bit

4.7E Unicode -- Kernel 640 -- Patch level 247 --

SQL 2000 -- Service pack4

Thanks & Regards,

Gayatry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

As per SAP Note 1239685, the error can be ignored.

You have mentioned that the Patch level 252 has not been released, please scroll down the same SAP Note and check the Patches for 32 Bit version WINDOWS server.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoganand,

As per this note 1239685 I can ignore this error (ERROR => EmActiveData: Invalid Context Handle -1)

Are you sure that, the error count of the wps is increasing because of above error? and why this error count is increasing in only applicaiton servers? production is fine. no wps showing any error counts in production server.

In the production server, wps also showing the error ERROR => EmActiveData: Invalid Context Handle -1 in trance files. But error count is not increasing.

Error count is increasing in only application servers.

Thanks & Regards,

Gayatry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gayarty,

Just one question, have you also faced lot of dumps SYSTEM_CORE_DUMPED with this issue with the work process?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Have you applied the patch as per the SAP Note 1239685, normally kernel patch 201 and 247 for 640 should be avoided. Reason behind is 201 - 'incomplete update records' and 247 - writes thousands of error rows in work/dev_* files.

The wp count is increasing because the wps are terminated abnormally and hence the count increases.

As per the note it is a progrma error, so you have to update the kernel to patch 252.

Try to update and then check the response.

Check the link, last post.....

Regards,

Yogananad.V

Edited by: Yoganand Vedagiri on Jan 14, 2009 3:13 PM