cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in standard e-rec web dynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to make some changes in standard e-rec web dynpro component. Needed to know what approach needs to be followed for the same. Can I make changes in the standard itself or do I need to copy the standard component and make changes in the Z component.

Thanks in anticpation.

Regards

Nidhi Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nidhi,

you can enhance the standard components but you may not fulfill all your requirements.

to get more details about enhancements check blogs by Thomas Weiss on enhancement framework

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...The articles by Thomas were really helpful. However, I need to create an application. Can I do the same using the enhacement framework since no explicit points have been defined.

Regards

Nidhi

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Its better to make changes in the Enhancement Framework itself.It will be too complex to make it to Z applications since there will be lot of dependent objects involved. I was also in the state of dilema when i was about to make changes to the standard E-travel applications using ABAP webdynpro(EHP2) and finallly i was able to meet all the customer requirements using Enhancement Framework and yesterday the UAT ended successfully..:-).

I have also implemented the e-recruiting using BSP in my last project.So i am able to give the above suggestion to you.

Since E-rec applications will have lot of methods, you can be able to meet all the changes in the Pre and the Post exit methods itself.

All the Best.

Thanks,

Rajkumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajkumar,

I've activated one of the enhancement implementation...But am not able to attach any used components or make any changes to the methods. Could you explain me the steps to do that.

Regards

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nidhi,

For every method you can write pre-exit(beginning) and post-exit(end) .

when you select enhancement those buttons will be enabled next to each method

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Open the methods tab of your view/component controller. Click the enhancement button on the top of the screen, and choose your Zenhancement. You can see the pre and post exits for all the standard methods.

You have to decide where exactly you need your logic to be implemented either in pre/post method.

Thanks,

S.Rajkumar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

access keys are required for doing the changes in any standard SAP provided rec. its better copy and create a Z for the same..

regards

Pranav