Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Movement-Error log

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

When I tried doing PGI system thows a display log saying "period 001/2009 is not open for a/c type S and G/L 893010".........how do I proceed?....thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakkumar,

Most Appropriate Action: ConSult FI-Personnel, at your end

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: For Information-sake:

The error is because the posting periods of S account type are not opened for the year 2009. FI_personnel needs to set the variant (i.e. Comapny Code) to 2009.

In T. Code: OB52

Check the Standard Account type "S" and change the year to 2009. After setting these variants, save and do the variant assignment to company with the following process:

SPRO --> IMG --> FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING --> FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING GLOBAL SETTINGS --> DOCUMENTS --> POSTING PERIODS --> ASSIGN VARIANT TO COMPANY CODE

Sample Setting in OB52:

Var.--AFrom A/CTo A/C-From Per.1-Year-To Per.-Year-From Per.2-Year-To period--Year

XXXX-S--N/A-ZZZZZZZZZZ--1--2008--12--2008--1--2009--12-----2009

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check MMPV if you are a MM functional to determine the period is opened or not.

Then you need to check with finance functional to determine whether they got open the period also.

Hope it gives you some hint on that.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakkumar,

Take help of FI people

To close the past period through MMPV transaction and

Maintain the Current period through OB52 transaction.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

If I enter my plant in the first column of OB52 system is not accepting.......wht does variant means?.....how sud I maintain for the period 01/2009?.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Posting Variant : A system object whose purpose it is to ensure that you revaluate your assets at the correct intervals.

You define the posting variant in Customizing; when you run the Asset Revaluation (Inflation) program, the system will only allow you to execute an update run for the dates that you have specified in the posting variant.

Example

Assume you have to revaluate your assets at the end of every month. In that case, you would use a posting variant with the dates 31 January, 28 February, 31 March, and so on.

(from SAP help)

Most probably your posting variant might be '0001' .

-Abhee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change posting period with Tcode MMPV.

also check in OB52

Regards,

Abhee