Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

My Scenario is as follows :

1) For a material XYZ (60 nos), there are 2 batches available (say, 101 & 111).

2) For material with batch no-101 there are 20 nos of stock. And for material with batch no-111 there are

40 nos of stock.

3) My client requires to send the total quantity (60 nos) to the customer.

4) Can I merge the 2 batch numbers so that while creating the sales order/delivery I get only 1 line

item as (XYZ - 60 nos) .

Thanks

MKS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear MKS,

As Hari rightly mentioned,

You can create sales order for 60 qty with single item but when you go in to creation of the delivery due stock availability in two batches you need do batch split process when you do the batch split like 20 is one batch and 40 is another batch system will treat them as sub items under the main item it is not a problem it is standard functionality.

You can do PGI then billing for that customer after batch spliting.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this way.First create Sales order with the material XYZ as 60 order quantities.Then go to delivery here Goto>Item>Batchsplit here enter first batch name,storage location and quantity as 40 next second batch name, storage location and quantity as 20.

Regards,

Hari Challa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hari,

Batch Split is OK . I require the reverse process. 1 material XYZ with 2 batch numbers are available . I want to create delivery for complete 60 nos of XYZ in a single line item taking into consideration both the batches.

Thanks

MKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MKS,

Your requirement will fulfill with the solution which I have mentioned.First you will create sales order for the material XYZ with 60 quantities and later you will create delivery for this material,here you will enter the material and quantity as 60 and goto itemview,batch split you will maintain 2 different batches with different quantities.then in picking overview,the system will display the + icon,after clicking this icon it will ask for the picked quantities for both the bathces,that means you are delivering 60 quantities to your customers but from differrent batches.

Regards,

Hari Challa.