Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant issue

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts, pls help to solve. Thx.

A variant for VA01 is created on Nov 11. The system pops up the message below as long as the order type has not been assigned this variant.

"Date 2008.11.25 is in the past Message no. V1437".

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

The issue is with one of the dates which now comes as Past date. The dates can be document date, Requested Delivery date, etc. So please check the dates in the transaction variant. If any of the date fields are fixed, then make them as system date or optional and then save this variant.

Now if you run the transaction using this variant, the error will not come

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snavaneetha,

Thx for your reply. I'd like to clarify further.

The request is how to deactivate that msg for the orders that have not been assigned the variant. U know, the standard settings for VA01 are changed via the variant; and the change affects the order type without this variant.

So, I want to delete the variant for VA01. Hope the standard settings can be recovered.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

If you just remove the transactio nvariant for the document type you want to use in VA01, then the message will not come at all.

I hope you have not created a t.variant with the document type also. Even in that case, it is sufficient to remove the t.variant value for the document type.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snavaneetha,

I agree with u. But the system does not work like that.

Variant A is created for T code VA01 via SHD0. Order type B has been assigned this variant & works fine. Order type C has not been assigned & the msg mentioned before is continually pops up. The document date keeps showing the variant creation date as default, even I manually change it.

As long as no more bad impact occurs, to delete variant A via SHD0 or create one more variant for order type C is ok. The question is I'm not sure whether there is no bad impact. That's why I dare not to make changes in a rush.

Pls advise. Thx.

Edited by: Cathy on Jan 2, 2009 11:35 AM

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Now I understand the issue.

Such a scenario is strange.

You can do the following.

Remove the t.variant assignment to the order type and then try the transaction. If the message doesnt araise, then it means that the message is due to the t.variant. If the message comes even now, it means that the root cause of the problem lies somewhere else. In this case, you only have to insert a break point on the message and then debug the transaction. If the first case is applicable, then do the transaction without trnscn variant or with a new t.variant.

Hope this helps. Pls lemme know if you have any other concerns on this

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snavaneetha,

If the variant is removed from order type B, the msg also pops up when order creation using order type B. As long as the variant is assigned to order type B & order type C, that msg does not pop up when order creation using those two order types.

But order type C is not required to assign it. Without the assignment, the msg pops up when order creation using order type C.

So, the problem is caused by the variant. Can I recover the standard settings for VA01 by deleting the variant (SHD0)?

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Cathy. You can delete the variant and then try your transactions.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member737313
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

If you want to remove the variant from assigning to the document type you can do so by gong in to the T.code VOV8 and then select the relevant order type and then press change button.

Here in the transaction block you have a field Variant, just delete the variant name assigned to that document type.

Regards,

ranjith

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

This date will be automatically copied to "Document date" in sales order. And the msg will pop up continually during order creation & order change.

Pls advise how to suppress this msg, or delete the variant for VA01. Many thx.

ps. The variant is created on Nov 25 but not on Nov 11.

Edited by: Cathy on Jan 2, 2009 4:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

It is not a problem, I think it is only a warning and you should be able to put through but hitting the enter button.

The message is prompt is properly due to you req. deliv date, schedule line date or pricing date which is past the current date.

There will be no issue for you to proceed.

Hope it clarify for you.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Firstly, many thx for your prompt reply.

Actually the dates you have mentioned are not in the past & order automatically captures the variant creation date as "Document date". Suppose this date should be the same as order creation date.

The biggest trouble is some order type cannot use this variant.

Pls help further. Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cathy,

Then you have to try to use different variant for different order type.

I believe the errors are depend on the setting for the order types, you need to check on the order type configuration already. Else the best way will be creating different variant for different order type.

Thanks.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

It seems acceptable. In that case, two variants are created for the same T code VA01. Will it cause any problems? Or, I drectly delete the variant via SHD0 as to avoid any bad impact?

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

You can create as many transaction variants as you want. But the link between the transaction variant and hte document type makes the difference. So you can link the correct transaction variant to the right document type. If this is done, there will not be any issues