cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SAP ECC6.0 SR2 and ECC 6.0 SR3 exist on the same landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tech Masters.

I have done Heterogenous System Copy in Dev and QAS box in Landscape.

Source machine : ECC 6.0 SR2 on Windows 32bit. Oracle 32bit

Target System : ECC 6.0 SR 3 on Windows 64bit, Oracle 64bit.

Now I am going for production installation,

I got stuck with installation in production as I have source for ECC 6.0 SR2 for windows x64 only where as I have done system copy for DEV and QAS using ECC 6.0 SR3 media, though the source instances for Dev, Qas were ECC6.0 SR2.

Please suggest whether its possible to design the landscape with mix of ECC 6.0 SR2 , SR3. Please help asap.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day, RABI

Technically It's possible to use such a landscape, but keep in mind, that in a such case, you would have different support package levels (abap, basis, bw & etc.), what lead to inconsistencies in ABAP dictionary and simply speaking It's not incorrect approach.

So you have two soultions: either import support packages of your SR2 up to SR3's level or make a clone of system with changing SID (e.g from QAS or DEV)

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Vladimir, I am confident now ( technically ) to go ahead with SR2 installation in production.

In production, Should I make it up to the SP level with respect to QAS instance. ( QAS is ECC 6.0 SR3 -system copy ).

One more thing, If SAP will check our landscape, if they found it in this way..will that make any impact in SAP support in future.

Please suggest.

Rabi.

Edited by: RABI PAL on Jan 2, 2009 8:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabbi,

yes, your production system should be on the same level as QAS & DEV (by importing corresponding SP stack ). And I thing It would enough for SAP support. Also, do not forget about your custom developed objects (programs & etc.) which are supposed to be imported to PRD system as well ...

Vladimir